Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP PLEASE
I have a his and hers ace 570s they are garage kept. Cleaning the garage I went to start and move them out, it’s been a while since we have had them out. Hers started right up and when you turn the key on the lights come on and the instrument panel lights up all is good push on the brake and start it. Now the problem.
I went to start mine and when you turn the key on nothing happens no lights no instrument panel comes on. Pushed on the brake to start and nothing. Thought it was the battery so I put the charger on it. Now battery shows 12.7 still nothing. Took battery out and reinstalled it. Checked the fuses and found the 20amp accessory fuse bad and replaces it. Still nothing. Don’t know how to check the relays but when I turn the key on the chassis relay makes a chattering noise. Out of ideas and discouraged. Both are in like new shape and low miles. Bought them new.
Anybody have any ideas of what this could possibly be. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Try a set of jumper leads off your car or some other machine you have like a descent size lawn tractor etc.See if that starts it.. If I leave mine stand for a any length of time like a few weeks without a top up/trickle charger the battery is always a bit sluggish or fails to start.The original battery is not very big or of great quality I got about 4 months out of the original before it decided to play up. It got replaced with a much larger battery... Measure the voltage of the good ace battery you may find it closer to 13 volts than the one in the dead ace.. The chattering is a sign of low voltage or a poor connection . Check the battery connections at the battery and where they attach to the ace. Also check the brake lights are coming on there is an inhibitor switch in the brake circuit its up under the front fender near/attached to the master cylinder they can play up and not let it start. I keep a small piece of wire taped to the roll cage to bridge it if it ever fails again. Good luck

·
Registered
29 Posts
The chattering starter relay means the battery is just bad. It has reached a good voltage, but has no power to start it so the voltage drops right off under load. I always keep a battery tender on all my stuff I have stored. Battery Tender is a brand, but Walmart sells a very nice little 3A charger / maintainer for only 20 bux. Brand is EverStart. I have two of them plus several Battery Tenders that I got when Sears was closing them out. Like cars, these have computers that draw a small amount of power all the time. Also, batteries slowly discharge on their own, so, a $20 maintainer can prevent the loss of a $100 plus batter. I put a 30ah battery in my ACE and at 150 bux, I want it to last. The larger battery fits just fine, but you have to be creative on anchoring it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts