Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ace 900 xc that won't start. Everything has power. Battery tested good. Changed the selonoid. The only way it will start is if a short across the selonoid. I'm not good at diagnosing electrical issues, so I'm not sure where to start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have an ace 900 xc that won't start. Everything has power. Battery tested good. Changed the selonoid. The only way it will start is if a short across the selonoid. I'm not good at diagnosing electrical issues, so I'm not sure where to start.
I've also checked fuses and relays in the fuse box. Yes my brake lights work. Could it be the ignition switch?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would start not by jumping the solenoid but by taking a wire from the battery to the positive terminal of it. If it turns over, the wiring to it is all good. Ground, etc. Probably good but I always check the simple things first. You said the breaks work so I would skip the break switch for now.. Next try to find a wiring diagram for the ignition switch and jump the wires that kick the solenoid in. If jumping those wires on the plug to the ignition switch turns the motor over, it is the key switch If it is the ignition switch and you don't want to replace it, simply put a push button switch in place like they used back in the 40's to kick in the solenoid.

If you have tried everything and cannot find the problem, simply install a push button switch between a wire from the battery to the solenoid.

By the way, Cycle Country [ Salem, Oregon ] has a parts breakdown for lots of machines on line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts