Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see quite a few talking about adding power steering to the Ace. My 570 steers so easy that it doesn't need it. Did Polaris change something in the geometry to make it easier between years? To be honest my Wildcat has power steering and my Ace without power steering is still easier to steer. If Polaris didn't change anything, is it the larger aftermarket tires that are making it more difficult to steer? I'm really curious about this. I'm also really glad I didn't spend the money for an Ace with power steering. Hopefully I will come across one on the trail one day and can try it out.

People that have driven both, did you notice a difference?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I added aftermarket EPS to my 2014. I've driven a 2015 570 (briefly).
Here is a discussion on EPS that you might find enlightening: http://www.aceforums.net/forum/30-ace-accessories/453-aftermarket-steering-wheel.html#post4015
For me, I wanted a smaller steering wheel, which is harder to turn, so I added EPS to compensate. The smaller wheel makes turning sharper easier in tight terrain.

The bottom line is that there are many different builds and conditions of people, and many different kinds of terrain, and different weight and tread patterns on the wheels and tires.
As a result, some people find EPS helpful, and some other people can't understand why those people like it.
Still others say they don't need/want it, until they drive a machine that has it, and then they're converted.

It really makes a difference at the end of a long ride in how tired your arms are, unless you're like 24 years old and/or do free weights for an hour every day.
This is of course not even covering people with medical issues, or just old farts like me that have not kept in shape well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Because I use hand controls, EPS is a must to make life easier (did it on my RZR as well). So that's on my list of things to get in the next week or so, along with lightening the throttle spring... that's way to heavy for me as I accelerate with my thumb.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I have found no need for power steering in my 14, as it steers very easy. I think it is more of a personal taste like Scoundrel said. The one major plus I see for power steering is that it reduces wheel kick when you hit an object with one wheel. Now, on our quad, I would NOT be without power steering just for that reason.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I haven't driven an Ace with PS but I would say I don't think it needs it in stock trim for most people. If you go to larger tires or carry a lot of stuff with you I can see the benefit for sure. My scrambler has PS and I love it with the handle bars. I would much rather have the EBS on the Ace before the PS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts