Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am getting ready to set the tow-out on my Ace. I centered the rack and found that the steering wheel is rotated to the right about 7 or 8 degrees when the rack is centered. Can someone that has pulled the steering wheel on an Ace tell me about how many degrees one position on the spline will rotate the steering wheel. I certainly don't want to go to the trouble of pulling the wheel if one spline position will rotate the wheel 15 degrees to the left.

The spline count would let me calculate it. I saw photos of a RZR steering shaft and it looked like the spline count was 18 which would b a 20 degree steering wheel turn. Does anyone know the spline count on the steering shaft?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
The spline count on the RZR and the ACE are the same. It's a lot more than 18.
I just grabbed the steering shaft from the garage that I replaced when I put the EPS on the ACE.
The screw slipped when counting, and I am not 100% sure that I did not mess up the count. It's either 40 or 41. Or possibly 42.
Here's a photo. I also grabbed my stock steering wheel, which I replaced with a leather one. Easier to count, but I'll let you do it. :)

View attachment 2803 View attachment 2804

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scoundrel, thanks for the photo. I counted 40 splines. If my math is correct, that is 9 degrees per spline. Crud. That is about what my steering wheel is off when I center the rack. It looks like I need to pull the steering wheel and redo the tow-out. It sure looks different than the photo that I saw. Thanks again. The factory must have missed it by one spline when they installed the steering wheel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts