Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all

I've seenna couple of Aces without the stickers on the fenders. I'm curious how you might have removed them? I tried in one spot but the sticker was so flimsy and thin that it just tore off in very small pieces

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
One or both of the above, plus some goop remover for the residue it leaves behind. They sell that stuff in small vials at the auto parts store. Can't remember the brand.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
One or both of the above, plus some goop remover for the residue it leaves behind. They sell that stuff in small vials at the auto parts store. Can't remember the brand.
Glue B gone

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. I'll start with the pressure washer as I really don't want to have any of the residual adhesives left behind if at all possible.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive got the VooDoo blue and have always liked the "clean" and bare look on my rigs.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yah, you might try the hair dryer first.. I had them all on my XP1k and a small traveling hair dryer got them all off in about 5 min or so... maybe a slight residue, but rubs out with the afterwash stuff... Believe most are "Pressure Sticker" in that they don't have much "Stickum" and applied by pressure, then sets for 24hrs and then firm. Heat from the dryer just peals them right off, No Problem-O...

I like'em plan... KISS you know...

·
Registered
394 Posts
I removed mine with a heat gun and cleaned with Goof-Off.
Heat gun gets real hot. Just a few seconds and glue releases. I made small circles with the gun then used a knife to peel up a corner, then peeled off.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought 2 ACEs, on one of them, the stickers just started coming off on it's own. The other is fine.

So apparently, they can come off fairly easy.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I used a hair dryer to remove some of mine and it worked great,just have to make sure not to use too much heat!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Decals are now starting to come off the second machine. Clearly the stickers are not meant to be permanent, so if you are wanting to delete the stickers, it shouldn't be hard. My bro in law has a Sportsman570, and same thing on his. Spontaneous peeling.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts