Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been trying to find a set of aluminum wheels for my 2015 570 Ace to replace the stock steel rims but I wanted rims that were the same offset as stock; 4+2 front and 5+3 rear and 12”. So after ordering a set of aftermarket wheels and sending them back because they were sticking out 2 1/2”- 3” wider than stock offset I finally found something that would work and thought I would share in case anyone else was interested. I figured out that the 2017 570 Ace SP came out with stock black aluminum rims that’s the same factory offset as the black steel stock rims that came on my 2015 570. I know a lot of people might want wider fancy rims but I like staying with the factory offset because 1-they don’t sling as much mud on you as the wider aftermarket wheels do. 2-well their still aluminum and look better that the steel stock wheels and 3-I just like plain black aluminum but not fancy. Their a little pricey at $107 a wheel for the rear and $111 a wheel for the front. Not sure why the front wheels are more but it is what it is. Ordered a set today. So like I said, just wanted to share in case anyone else was trying to find something similar. This is what they look like.

Attachments

Reactions: Sporty061200r

·
Registered
395 Posts
I’ve been trying to find a set of aluminum wheels for my 2015 570 Ace to replace the stock steel rims but I wanted rims that were the same offset as stock; 4+2 front and 5+3 rear and 12”. So after ordering a set of aftermarket wheels and sending them back because they were sticking out 2 1/2”- 3” wider than stock offset I finally found something that would work and thought I would share in case anyone else was interested. I figured out that the 2017 570 Ace SP came out with stock black aluminum rims that’s the same factory offset as the black steel stock rims that came on my 2015 570. I know a lot of people might want wider fancy rims but I like staying with the factory offset because 1-they don’t sling as much mud on you as the wider aftermarket wheels do. 2-well their still aluminum and look better that the steel stock wheels and 3-I just like plain black aluminum but not fancy. Their a little pricey at $107 a wheel for the rear and $111 a wheel for the front. Not sure why the front wheels are more but it is what it is. Ordered a set today. So like I said, just wanted to share in case anyone else was trying to find something similar. This is what they look like.
I bet if you would have asked someone would have sold you their stock rims and tires for a lot cheaper, no offense but that’s the first thing a lot of people take off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: polarbear

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had been looking but couldn’t find any.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve put my order on hold to see if anyone on the forum might have some to sell.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my black aluminum Polaris Ace SP wheels on my Ace 570. Not wide like aftermarket wheels. I like um!

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Finding wheels to keep your machine at the OEM width has always been one of our Most Expensive challenges.

I know the STi 5+2 will bump you out about 2" wider and both the rear and the front. Those are usually around 115 each.

OMF makes a fantastic HPO wheel that will keep you skinny.... those are around 450 each tho.

I saw a set of the DWT wheels on a buddies and his looked to be OEM width too... Said they were also around 400 each.

of course, these after-market wheels are all bead locks

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up just ordering the factory 2017 570 SP stock rims from Babbitt’s at $107 each wheel for the rear and $111 each for the front, the center caps were $19 each. I couldn’t find any take offs that anyone wanted to let go but that’s ok because I’m very happy with these. I like the looks of these black aluminum wheels. The center caps do have the blue Polaris emblem and with the chrome lug nuts they have just enough flash for me.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea if you like the looks of the black aluminum stock 2017 570 SP wheels it’s diffinantly a better deal than paying 400-450 a wheel. Luckily I like this type of wheel. Still black aluminum but nothing to fancy.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’d have to see them myself to believe they are 5+2. Stock is 4+2 and 5+3. Not saying they wouldn’t work but would have to see how they fit on front and rear to say for sure. Could be a great buy though.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
For an Ace to have a 5+3 offset wheel that wheel must be 8 inches wide and as I told you before all the Aces like yours came with 6 inch wide wheels, not 6 on the front and 8 on the rear but 6 inches wide on all four corners. Don't believe me just measure the stock wheels you took off of your machine

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your probably right. I haven’t measured mine. I was going by what the Polaris parts said along with Rocky Mountain ATV. I’ll measure mine. But what I meant by I’d have to see them myself was I’d have to see how they stuck out myself. Cause last set of aftermarket wheels I purchased stuck out 2 1/2 inches wider when they said it should be same a stock. I’ll measure mine but I’m sure you’re right on that.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Like I said before.....I have a set in the shed that came off of my 2015 Ace 570 and they all are 6 inches wide. I seriously doubt you could have 8 inch wide wheels on an Ace and still remain 50 inches wide. unless they were a very strange offset

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally got out and measured my stock steel wheels. They are 7” across. 5+2 offset. All four are the same.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Finally got out and measured my stock steel wheels. They are 7” across. 5+2 offset. All four are the same.[/QUOTE

]Measure them again from the inside of the lip not the outside and they will be 6 inches. Where the bead sits is where you measure

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[/QUOTE]Measure them again from the inside of the lip not the outside and they will be 6 inches. Where the bead sits is where you measure[/QUOTE]

Yep your right 6”.

Reactions: Vandal

·
Registered
91 Posts
I install four 2" spacers in aluminium on my Ace 900 sp

now I have 55 inches

26063331_1436677946429928_4619679300910611992_o.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
For an Ace to have a 5+3 offset wheel that wheel must be 8 inches wide and as I told you before all the Aces like yours came with 6 inch wide wheels, not 6 on the front and 8 on the rear but 6 inches wide on all four corners. Don't believe me just measure the stock wheels you took off of your machine
Hey Vandal - not sure if you're still monitoring, but I have a question. If the wheels on front and back are the same width, what's the diff on part numbers for?

Think maybe I might have partially answered my own question stumbling upon this gem of a find!

Front: 1520263-067 - 12 x 6.0 x 50 * M10 x 4 - 156.2 * Steel
Back: 1521917-067 - 12 x 6.0 x 45 * M10 x 4 -110 * Steel

No comment on the mark-up.

Just when I thought I understood backspacing/offset (in the x+y nomenclature) I had to do more research on this format.
So am I correct in interpreting the "50" and "45" (3rd number in rim size above) to be mm offsets? Doesn't make sense to me that part of the nomenclature would use inches (12x6) and the 3rd use mm, but that's what I've arrived at. I've also come to arrive at the fact that the terms offset (mm) have been misused with backspace formats (x+y inches).
Here's another one: Wheel Offsets Made Easy! / KJ Motorsports.

Anyone else?

SP models:
Front: 12x5 1522365-067
Rear: 12x5.5 1522362-067

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yes, the offset is in mm. 25.4 mm = 1".
The wheel size is in inches measured at the bead seats.
Back spacing is generally considered as the rear offset + 1/2" but might vary a little in real life according to how the bead seats and wheel lip are made.
So you need to add 1/2" to the front and the back for the wheel lip so a 6" wide wheel is actually 7" wide outside to outside.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts