Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what every-one is running for rear spring pre-load settings. I realize it all depends on rider and cargo weight, terrain and speeds involved. I experimented with spring settings on the rear of my sportsman quite a bit and eventually settled on one notch stiffer than full soft for the best compromise of ride and ground clearance.I weigh 200lbs.and will be carrying around 30-50 lbs in the rear storage box,riding moderately rough trails and going slow on the nasty stuff. I have my rear springs set at one notch stiffer than full soft and think this will be the best for both ride and ground clearance. I will carry tools with me to make adjustments if I have to on the trail,just curious to see what you are all using for settings. Thanks:calm:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Stock. I go slow thru rough stuff a lot and weigh about the same as you. I do carry a light load going in(50 to 100 lbs.) and normally med. to heavy loads coming out(somewhere between 200 to 400 lbs.).
I have only bottomed out once and it didn't feel too good, sounded worse. I am not so much worried about the ride because of the slow speeds that I ride. I do hit some gravel and dirt roads now and then, but mostly I run in marshes, woods, creek bottoms and cut-overs.
I rarely ride on well traveled paths. These Ace's are much more comfortable than the old style 3-wheelers I have used in the past, with no suspension.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm running stock suspension settings, as well. Rarely get out of low gear on the terrain I typically ride for recreation/hunting. Utility wise, I'll carry around 75-100lbs in the back on occasion, otherwise I'm pulling a fully loaded trailer 1000-2000lbs, or dragging 60ft trees out of the woods. I'd prefer to go stiffer on the rear when pulling trees, but would have some issues with the stumps, roots and whatnot. I'm sure to play around with the settings at some point and can give some more input when that comes about.

Reactions: polarbear
1 - 3 of 3 Posts