Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up my new ace sp today and have been thinking of switching the stock aluminum wheels and tires for something more my style. Anyone have any idea how much I could get for them. They are really sweet but I am more into black wheels

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
A lot of that depends on whether you can find a local buyer.
Shipping something that big and heavy is more expensive for us pee-ons that don't have bulk shipping agreements than you might think.
If you take the wheels and tires off before they touch dirt, and are therefore immaculate take-offs, I would expect to get around $500 for the set.
That is of course less than their replacement value, but nobody pays new prices for take-offs. There's no motivation to do so.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scoundrel thanks for reply. After picking up the ace and staring at it for a bit I have to say it really looks good the way it is. The stock rims kind of grew on me. I have another question, when you first got your Ace did it feel ultra tight. I drove around in the lot for like 2 min and I felt like when I gave it throttle it wasn't extremely responsive.i am hoping once it's broken in it feels a bit more responsive. I used to have a Yamaha banshee that kept me on my feet leaning over the bars to keep the nose down.

·
Registered
420 Posts
break in will help for sure. The Ace also has a fairly heavy throttle pedal return spring, can take some getting use to.
2 must do items that will help in my opinion:
check(fix) front end alignment(toe)
grease suspension properly

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I felt like when I gave it throttle it wasn't extremely responsive.
The 330 is a little sluggish to "spin up" in high gear until it finishes break-in, and then it "wakes up" quite a bit. The 570 should be less so, but that may be what you are feeling.
If you're judging the ACE compared to a Banshee, it's going to feel sluggish, period.

However, you might also be looking at a toe-in adjustment problem. If one wheel is way out, that would make it unresponsive.
Many people reported wrong toe-in settings from the factory, and in some cases, it really ran like a slug until they straightened it out.

Check out this thread. You can get a really good look at the alignment with just a piece of string, couple of jack stands, and a tape measure. If it's really bad, it will be super obvious.
http://www.aceforums.net/forum/13-ace-how-s-guides/509-how-measure-set-toe-out-adjustment.html

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the advice guys, you all have been extremely helpful. I will take a look at the alignment this weekend and a good once over with my grease gun.

·
Registered
447 Posts
My 330 engine "woke up" after about 30 hours and was much more responsive. I also got a performance boost after I set the toe out. The toe out on both my front wheels were out of spec over 1/2 inch. My front tires were literally sliding sideways when I drove. I not only noticed a performance difference after setting the toe out but it steered much easier.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Picking up my new ace sp today and have been thinking of switching the stock aluminum wheels and tires for something more my style. Anyone have any idea how much I could get for them. They are really sweet but I am more into black wheels
Ace......my 570 woke up at about 13 hours, and when it woke up it was very noticeable

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can't wait tomorrow I am planning on riding as long as I can bear the cold. Let the fun begin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts