Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stock tires on my Ace 12 inch I am looking for tires to run on the pavement anybody have any suggestions

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have stock tires on my Ace 12 inch I am looking for tires to run on the pavement anybody have any suggestions
I've been running the Tusk Terrabyte from rocky mountain atv:

They have more of a truck all terrain tread and work pretty well overall. The only issue I've had was on some slick rock off road with a nasty side hill angle, they slipped a bit, but still got me through.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There's no differential so id suggest bias ply golf cart tires, the narrowest you can stand. Sharp turns still be hard on the c.v. joints.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thank you. Please define a sharp turn. I only will be turning at most 90 degree turn. Just looking to drive to work. 12 miles away one way.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok thank you. Please define a sharp turn. I only will be turning at most 90 degree turn. Just looking to drive to work. 12 miles away one way.
I can't speak for Mudmaze, but consider this: A 90° turn can take a mile to do, or it can be done at full lock steering.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You shouldn’t run these machines on the road because they have a special diff lock thats always on and the road damages it they are only made to go short distances on the road

·
Registered
43 Posts
As for as I know, the original ACE's have no differential. They are effectively a solid axle. My friend and I have ridden ours on pavement with no problems - except for excessive rear tire wear when going around corners. My 900 Rzr trail has a lockable differential. Normally it is in one wheel drive like most cars, but can be switched to 2 or 3 wheel drive. 4WD means being able to lock both the front and rear differentials.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts