Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done some searching and not a whole lot of info on this. The stealership is frikken crazy on the labor charge for this. I'm sure there's some shortcuts on removing the struts. Polaris recommends pulling all the plastic out of the way to get at the top mounts.Anybody have any input on this. Seems to me the top mounts are the biggest problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I guess no help here. I started on changing the springs yesterday. Was going pretty good until I got to the drivers side. Can't get the spring retainer nut loose. Tried vice grips and heat so far. Picked up a few ideas this morning.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The dealers charge very high rates for anything. I broke an aluminum front strut on my ACE. It houses the bearing for the front wheel also. I found it really easy to replace. Due to where the top of the shock is mounted, it looks like that would require taking the front off the machine to get to that nut.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealers charge very high rates for anything. I broke an aluminum front strut on my ACE. It houses the bearing for the front wheel also. I found it really easy to replace. Due to where the top of the shock is mounted, it looks like that would require taking the front off the machine to get to that nut.
Stealer wanted $740 to change them. I would have had it done in under an hour if not for the stuck spring cup nut.

·
Registered
55 Posts
A fluid change for an ACE or Rzr should take around an hour to research it on UTube and do it at home. The dealer wants well over $300. That is lube, engine oil and front and rear diff oil changes. For me, part of that time was walking from the my shop to my desk top in the house and back. Experienced techs should be able to do it in half hour from rolling it in, to rolling it out in my opinion.

Thankfully, when I replaced my strut hub, I did not have to replace the strut.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts