Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently purchased a set of SUNF radial tires for my 570 Ace after studying reviews. I purchased 25x8x12-front and 25x10x12-rear tires because I wanted to stay close to stock so I don’t loose power. I really like these tires and so far they ride great. They do come with the orange SUNF logo on both sides of the tire. But I spoke to the company and they said that I could use fine sandpaper if I wanted to remove the logo. I used fine sandpaper on my small electric sander and it worked great. So I purchased five tires (one for a spare-25x8x12) for $395.95 with free shipping. The last picture is the front tire mounted on my Ace. They do seem slightly bigger than stock 25s. But not much. Just thought I would share a review if anyone is interested.

Attachments

Reactions: Ron E

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Tough crowd on here. Lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
I checked the SUNF in NZ. Bloody hard to find as that and actually could source that tread style? Saying that, what we in SUNF, they are considered expensive against other ATV. Maybe because of the increased ply rating for the tyre walls?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I like these tires too. They are an option on the table for my two 900 SP aces for my daughters.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How Many Ply's?
What's the psi?
DOT approved?
Radials are 6Ply. 14Lbs working pressure. Not for highway use. I run 8Lbs in mine and when in WV I ride trails and highway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got the SunF's also but the 27". Fronts rub a bit on hard turns but overall super happy with these tires. I made the mistake of getting 1" wider on the rear 11" instead of 10". now it makes the machine over 50" which is something I never thought about (I know...dumb, right?) But I'm a noobie to the Ace so I didn't do my research enough. I wanted to stay under 50 so and SunF doesn't have 27x10x12 so now I am getting a rear set from Wanda. Great tires though!

·
Read Only
188 Posts
May I ask why you have the need to stay under 50"?
I've got mine sitting at 52" wide and I can go literally anywhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
UPFree,
It may be a state thing but I have the same set-up - 16' 900 SP and it can go anywhere but here in CO there are certain trails that are restricted to ATV's 50" or less. Those are always fun as they are more narrow usually have good hill climbs and a bit more of a challenge than the trails for over 50". With the whole UTV market exploding, there seems to be an influx of giant UTV's that are getting bigger and bigger. The smaller trails are a good way to get away from that.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really like them. Lots of traction and rides good.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That sounds great! I had a good idea that the tires would handle better than the OEM tires. You need surface area for good control and the treads look spaced enough to clean out. My buddy has Terrabites on his RZR 900 Trail but I wasn't impressed with the clean out. Knobs are too close. We ride trails, which can get muddy in SW Louisiana.

Well, I'm waiting on SUNF to get my dealership setup now. Supposed to be completed by end of this week. Then I'll order a set of 4 to try and also advertise. They have several good looking tires that I think will sell ok. This is one for sure once people see them in action!

Thanks for the input.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts