Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sent Super Dave my front a arms to get a set of his bushings made for them. I'll let the forum know how they work out. I'm nearing completion on my modified heavy duty struts as well........

Reactions: 70cyclone

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I am very interested in hearing more about your front struts, before I bring mine in to my local guy.
Are you building a new set? Reinforcing an existing set?
The local fab shop I am talking to is thinking of making me a set of steel ones.

Cool that someone else is doing the Super Daves bushing thing. I talked to him a while back but couldn't get all of the measurements he needed and didn't want to send my stuff in.
Glad to know he should have at least the front end of an ACE figured out here shortly.

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is another company doing what I think is better bushings. He adds an o-ring to help keep all mud and water out. I did my whole rzr in them and will soon be doing the Ace. The company is Garage Products. Call them and ask for John or go on the web site. Great customer service.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
My concern about things that are supposed to keep water out, is that when water does get in, they usually do a good job at NOT letting the water out. And then things rust more than if they were not sealed.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My struts are stock with added bracing around the gussets. They are boxed in and reinforced around the gussets and in the area around where the cv joint goes into the knuckle, in the same area where Scoundrels broke. I used .125 thick aluminium, 6061 alloy. They'll be powder coated black after they get tested. I also added SATV high clearance a arms in the front, and urethane upper shock strut bushings. Should be able you test as soon as Super Dave gets me the new bushings.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1/4" aluminum to box in the stock gussets. .125 around the knuckle area.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
My struts are stock with added bracing around the gussets. They are boxed in and reinforced around the gussets and in the area around where the cv joint goes into the knuckle, in the same area where Scoundrels broke. I used .125 thick aluminium, 6061 alloy. They'll be powder coated black after they get tested. I also added SATV high clearance a arms in the front, and urethane upper shock strut bushings. Should be able you test as soon as Super Dave gets me the new bushings.
Thanks! Is there any way you could send me some high res photos? I can PM you an e-mail address to send to.
I'd very much like to show the fabricator guy what someone else did, although I am sure he'll have his own ideas too.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll get some pictures posted up here as soon as I can. The high clearance a arms are from Super ATV. Sportsman 500-800. I can't see any difference between theirs and High Lifters except the price. About 160.00 from SATV with all the discount coupons. Scoundrel, I can email you some pics as well. They'll be phone camera pics, so I don't know how high resolution they'll be.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Any pics is better than none. Just take them outside or make sure they're well lit, and the phone camera will probably do fine.
Sending a PM with the address for the close-ups. Or you can just post them here if you like. I'm sure others would like to see them too.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will do. It'll be a few days so stand by.........

·
Registered
52 Posts
Getting back to the difference in Garage Products and Super Dave bushings. You said about the O-ring not letting water out. I have had them on my Rzr for a few months. I was having problems with rear carrier bushings wearing out so I installed Garage Products bushings amd stopped that. I since then have done my whole Rzr and will soon do the Ace. These let not water/mud crud in. Grease them when installing and forget about them. No need to keep greasing. In fact you can try but they create a barrier and the material they are made of is far supierior than the Polaris oem junk bushing. Now Super Daves have been around and are great also. Pretty much identical to Garage Products but GP is alittle less money.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Garage Products has great bushings as well. I chose Super Dave's because of their willingness to help me out with the Ace bushings and I have them on all my other toys as well. I have a friend who's using Garage Products and loves em. They are a few bucks cheaper then Super Daves. But when I find a product that works for me , I stick with it. For me, that's Super Daves.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yea that's cool. Super Dave's is a great product. He also sells bearings with a lifetime guarantee. Both are great companies with great products, and anything is better the the $1.00 bushing that Polaris sells lol.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Super Dave now has a front bushing kit for the Ace! $69.95 for both front a arms. Free shipping too. You'll have to call him , he hasn't put him up on his website yet. 724-966-2960. Best bushings available and only a few bucks more than stock junk.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My bushings showed up today. Great job Super Dave! Perfect as always.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey gmck have you installed your bushings and a-arms yet? Do you have any pics? Did you have any fitment issues? Sorry for all the questions but i will be doing the exact same thing you are if everything fits good. Just want to know what im getting myself into!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts