Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had any good results with a suspension upgrade. I know on my rzr it came with the junk oem shocks that were horrible. I replaced them with Bandit Utv suspension. He makes great shocks and now offers them for the Ace. I also see that SXS Performance now offers a Walker Evens suspension that pretty inexpensive.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I replaced them with Bandit Utv suspension. He makes great shocks and now offers them for the Ace.
I didn't see them on their site. Did you contact them and they said they made something for the Ace now? How much?

edit: I did see the 'coming soon' for the Ace on the about page....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am looking to put a small lift on our ace. I may go with the HD springs up front and some spacers in the rear or I may do the super atv lift. Just haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
119 Posts

This price is pretty good. I'd like to try a set but we're buying a house and I was instructed not to spend any more $ on the Atv's right now lol. I'll be interested to hear some feed back tho when someone takes the plunge

·
Registered
421 Posts
Spring rates seem awful light.

·
Registered
421 Posts
90 front. 120 rear. Rears seem ok but I'd like to see 120 in the front.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree The fronts seem alittle light. I will tell you though I have a full front and backs set of Bandit shocks and springs on my rzr. Made a world of difference as far as handling goes. Also Ted is a top notch guy. He answers the phone and will talk and answer any questions.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Last week I installed new front HD springs for an 800 sportsman on my Ace. Part #2876153. $68.00 from my local dealer for both springs with my military discount and 99 bucks and up on EBay. Raised the front up 3 1/2 inches and the front tires are no longer splayed out. I was surprised. It took all of the front end sag weight out from the original red springs. I was told that these springs are rated at 200 pounds. We went to Turkey Bay Saturday and rode it pretty hard. I weigh 200 pounds and I couldn't really tell much difference in seat of the pants ride quality, but there has to be some. I have an inexpensive one inch lift planned for the rear later on, and will report on that later.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I think they are rated at 128 lbs. 90 is stock. I have them on my 570 as well.

·
Vendor
182 Posts
We're working on a dual rate kit for the Ace right now. We've already got it on some of the race cars. Like all of our UTV spring replacement kits, It's a mind blowing improvement over stock. We're actually still running OEM shocks on Jesi Stracham's Ace because these springs are working so good...

The OEM rates are 45/90 front and 120 straight rear. The Ace doesn't care much for single rate springs so I can't image that other kit will work that good. We're doing a LOT of testing right now to find the exact ideal crossover point for front and rear and what the transitions should be. We're getting really close and it's kind of sickening to see the crap some of these other guys put out with no R&D.

Our kit won't be cheap since it takes a lot of adapters and whatnot to fit up to the Ace suspension configuration but once we've settled on a final setup we'll be ordering custom made springs from our supplier to help get the cost down by eliminating some adapters if possible. For those who don't want to wait for Racer Tech level performance, we're thinking we'll sell the hybrid kits for a while first.

We've also been working with Elka for the last few months to develop a custom system for the Ace. Not sure if it will make it in to production but if it does it will be pretty slick. Anyone who wants a legit kit for a fair price should call Elka and tell them they should produce it. Don't bother calling us about it til you see them released though.. We're already pounding on them for it so you'll just slow us down.. lol

I don't want to say much about other companies stuff.. But for God's sake, PLEASE do some homework on what you're looking to buy! There is some SERIOUS junk out there at this point and while I understand not wanting to spend the money on a full-blown race shock, there's a point with some of the currently available shocks we've seen that you can actually go backwards...

Thanks,

·
Registered
119 Posts
We're working on a dual rate kit for the Ace right now. We've already got it on some of the race cars. Like all of our UTV spring replacement kits, It's a mind blowing improvement over stock. We're actually still running OEM shocks on Jesi Stracham's Ace because these springs are working so good...

The OEM rates are 45/90 front and 120 straight rear. The Ace doesn't care much for single rate springs so I can't image that other kit will work that good. We're doing a LOT of testing right now to find the exact ideal crossover point for front and rear and what the transitions should be. We're getting really close and it's kind of sickening to see the crap some of these other guys put out with no R&D.

Our kit won't be cheap since it takes a lot of adapters and whatnot to fit up to the Ace suspension configuration but once we've settled on a final setup we'll be ordering custom made springs from our supplier to help get the cost down by eliminating some adapters if possible. For those who don't want to wait for Racer Tech level performance, we're thinking we'll sell the hybrid kits for a while first.

We've also been working with Elka for the last few months to develop a custom system for the Ace. Not sure if it will make it in to production but if it does it will be pretty slick. Anyone who wants a legit kit for a fair price should call Elka and tell them they should produce it. Don't bother calling us about it til you see them released though.. We're already pounding on them for it so you'll just slow us down.. lol

I don't want to say much about other companies stuff.. But for God's sake, PLEASE do some homework on what you're looking to buy! There is some SERIOUS junk out there at this point and while I understand not wanting to spend the money on a full-blown race shock, there's a point with some of the currently available shocks we've seen that you can actually go backwards...

Thanks,
I'm looking forward to the dual rate setup. I'm wanting a set of your dual rates for my 900xp as well. Between springs, lifts, and a arms you guys are set to get a lot of my money, unfortunately it has to be a little at a time lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes sign me up for some duel rate springs. I was gonna send Racertech a message about if they would making these. My wife's biggest complaint is the suspension. So yes when these come out I will be purchasing these. Racertech makes great quality products.

·
Vendor
182 Posts
RacerTech ,
Any progress on the dual rate spring kits ?
Thanks
We do have a kit but it's really expensive... Like $545 to be able to sell it. It is an amazing upgrade but takes a lot of custom adapter hardware to get it done. We have not worked on custom made springs for this model yet and probably won't for a while. This would be the only way to get the price down...

If you are interested in the current kit feel free to give us a call and we can get you set up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last week I installed new front HD springs for an 800 sportsman on my Ace. Part #2876153. $68.00 from my local dealer for both springs with my military discount and 99 bucks and up on EBay. Raised the front up 3 1/2 inches and the front tires are no longer splayed out. I was surprised. It took all of the front end sag weight out from the original red springs. I was told that these springs are rated at 200 pounds. We went to Turkey Bay Saturday and rode it pretty hard. I weigh 200 pounds and I couldn't really tell much difference in seat of the pants ride quality, but there has to be some. I have an inexpensive one inch lift planned for the rear later on, and will report on that later.
Way late to the party but just wanted to verify, the 2876153 HD springs are direct bolt ons to ace strut/hub assembly? Have to eliminate this droopy front and was going to go BanditSprings but they are currently sold out!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts