Polaris ACE Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have removed mine and it articulates much better and as far as high speed mine is more for slower trails and can pretty much go anywhere.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Folks, I disconnected the sway bar both front and back. Great improvement...BUT...I can figure out how to remove the front one. Do I need to or should I just tie it up with a plastic strap?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Been thinking of removing mine. I don't really do any high speed stuff anyway. When I ride I seldom see anything over 25 to 30 mph. With that said I'm still a lil weary of the body roll. Do either of you recall what length and size bolt you used. If not, I can just take one out and go get one the same size just shorter? Just tryin to save a lil time!:)
Just take one out for reference, measure what you need in length, and go to the Home Depot, Ace (see what I did there?) or Lowes and get a replacement. They are metric. On my 500, the sway bar has its own saddle (not paired up with the shock).

·
Registered
14 Posts
My first ride in my 900 was bone stock as it left the dealer. Easy relatively smooth trail with only minor stutter bumps near the gated road crossings. When I did get into somewhat bigger whooped bumps, it felt to me that the rear was packing up and caused the machine to 'buck'.

I had read this thread a while back and decided to pop off the anti sway before my 2nd ride yesterday. Rode same trail which had become a lot bumpier since the weekend traffic on it. Only other change was to bump up the rear preload to the mid notch.

For me, a night and day difference for the better. IMHO removing the rear sway bar really frees up the suspension and felt like it makes the entire suspension work better. It was a more comfortable ride and more stabile for me. Even with the larger bumps I encountered it still felt better overall. The front to rear 'buck' as I call it was not anywhere as bad, nor did the machine try and twist sideways as it tracked straighter.

Now all that said, I still need to try it out on real technical trails with tight twisty turns and off camber sections...cautiously to see if Its the right thing for me.

Do I recommend removing these to anyone else? No. Just my own observations after doing so. YMMV
I have a 2018 500. I am trying to wrap my head around what I would get from the removal of the sway bar. Here's my situation: I am perched on a hillside moving somewhat horizontally and somewhat vertically. Up is ahead to the left. Below me, on the right, is a 20-foot ravine. I feel like the machine is going to tip over. The front end is light on the left side and the left front wheel is in the air about six inches. My friend in a 900 has just crawled by me, without issue, asking why I keep leaving the trail why I am stopped. I get out, grab the back and yank it around until all fours are on the ground and then back it to the left and depart the way I came. I am certain that if I had continued going, I would be in the ravine. As it was, I wormed my way out with only a code brown, heart palpitations, recurrent nightmares and a desire to buy a 900.

My question is this: Would all fours have remained planted without the sway bar?

41 - 45 of 45 Posts