Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the 570 to glamis this thanksgiving and all worked out well. Some thoughts

1-I am 61 and an aggressive rider with 25 years running the dunes on sport quads like the raptor 700.

2-We rode hard and fast this weekend.I mounted ITP sand stars and settled on 5psi front and 4psi in the rear. The seat is a twisted stitch with UTV harness. An led light bar is added to the stock cage.

3-Power is ok 90% of the time but you must keep up your speed on steep dunes and the highest with the softest sand are sometimes not doable. Had to back down only a couple of times in the day and thats not to bad.

4-It is a busy handler requiring a very active style with the wheel and throttle. I would never recommend this for kids or inexperienced adults. The short wheelbase is the reason.

5-I took some hard hits on bumps but the new seat and harness are required and a major improvement I would say. The old seat and seat belt are worthless for this activity or even for trail riding.

My group is mostly composed of RZR 1000s and they were impressed with what the 570 can do.

As for the crowds yes it was but once we got out into the dunes we did not have any over crowding or conflict for all four days. Many people just stay around Olds,comp hill and the sand drags and out of the dunes. These three are fun to visit at night just for the spectacle.

Yes it got very dusty in camp but thats to be expected and you drive slow there and keep your head on a swivel to avoid collisions. Did not see any accidents over the weekend not to say there could not have been.

Conclusion-- I of course would like more suspension and power but I will see what I can do about that. It is more fun to drive than a two seater because you are in the center and can see well from both sides as well as take a sport quad line through the dunes.:distracted:

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
4-It is a busy handler requiring a very active style with the wheel and throttle. I would never recommend this for kids or inexperienced adults. The short wheelbase is the reason.

I would agree with your statement. If you try Dumont Dunes, please post your thoughts/results. Thx

·
Registered
57 Posts
Happy to see some other duners here! I had mine at Dumont Dunes over this past weekend! I had the same experience with my Ace. I have the factory seat with a five point harness. My only complaint is with the suspension. We are already working on that. Hope to upgrade that next. What a blast to drive.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Took the 570 to glamis this thanksgiving and all worked out well. Some thoughts

1-I am 61 and an aggressive rider with 25 years running the dunes on sport quads like the raptor 700.

2-We rode hard and fast this weekend.I mounted ITP sand stars and settled on 5psi front and 4psi in the rear. The seat is a twisted stitch with UTV harness. An led light bar is added to the stock cage.

:
Interesting post afterburner. I've also been an aggressive duner on a sport quad for many years :)
Is the Ace a good powerslider? Is it more likely to over-rotate or to tip?
Would be interested in your subsequent learnings / upgrades!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.