Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I’m interested in buying a 570. There are very few close to me. Most are several hours away. We are going to test drive a 900 at a dealer tomorrow. If my husband and I both like it, we’ll buy it for him and continue looking for a 570 for me. Wondering what everyones overall impression is of the 570? We drove a Polaris side by side. It was awful. Very jerky. It was brand new. Are the Ace’s jerky? What I mean by that is they don’t accelerate smoothly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi all. I’m interested in buying a 570. There are very few close to me. Most are several hours away. We are going to test drive a 900 at a dealer tomorrow. If my husband and I both like it, we’ll buy it for him and continue looking for a 570 for me. Wondering what everyones overall impression is of the 570? We drove a Polaris side by side. It was awful. Very jerky. It was brand new. Are the Ace’s jerky? What I mean by that is they don’t accelerate smoothly.
I have a 2015 570, not power steering. This is the first vehicle I have owned with a belt drive, so my experience is that limited. All that said, I don't find the power transmission offensive at all. There may be a slight jerk when the centrifugal clutch engages, especially if the gas has been applied too firmly from a stop, but I believe that's sort of the nature of the beast, and would be hard to avoid. Once the centrifugal clutch is engaged, acceleration is very smooth. The gear shifting takes just a bit of getting used to, but after a few hours of driving the vehicle, it's easy and natural to use.
I pretty much love this thing. It has plenty of power for most any purpose except high speed desert or fire road type use. (63 MPH top speed.) Perfect for the woods trails we have around here in northern MN. I like the feeling of driving a small 4WD car, rather than a four wheeled dirt bike. (I have ridden two wheel dirt bikes in the past and loved them, and Jeeps more recently and loved them too.) This little goat seems to go anywhere I have the guts to point it, including some things that really have surprised me. Places where I thought I would be using a winch, it went right up. Good tires are very important for trails.
I guess I would encourage you to test drive one for as long as possible, and I think you will like it. If not, there are not that many alternatives, none in a single seater that I know of. Good luck, and have fun!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife has a Ace 570, and my in-laws own a RZR 900. Having driven the two of them, I would say that the Ace applies it's power MUCH smoother than the RZR does. We park the ace in a shop with a lot of other power equipment, and it allows you the feather the throttle and just creep forward or back, whereas the RZR seems to require higher engine RPMs to get the clutch to engage, which is usually pretty rough.

I don't think you will be disappointed!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ive owned 2 Ace 570s and now have 2 900XCs... world's of difference... the 570 is light and nimble with enough HP to get you in trouble... or out of trouble... suspension is on the harsh side especially the versions with McPherson struts up front... my 2 570s were bullet proof aside from replacing the pesky voltage regulators... the only modification I made was to add fan over ride switches..otherwise box stock ( thus being utterly reliable)... good luck finding a clean 570 that has not been molested/destroyed by lift kits, imaginary tunes, big tires ects..... and for the love of all things holy.... if it's been snorkeled..ruuuuuuuunnnn !

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sold Polaris 400 Xplorer and 250 trail boss (both 2 strokers) after 15 years, no issues. Now have a 2017 ACE 570 with plenty of power and fun, smooth start, but only negative is poor engine braking on downhills (if coasting downhill you have to bump the gas above idle for any braking to engage- counter-intuitive). Don’t know if the 900 has improved engine braking - if you ride hills. Wife prefers her Honda Rancher 420 atv, DCT, PS - very smooth, great engine braking, and she says “It takes care of her”.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It has a certain learning curve to starting from a dead stop. I found that if I keep my foot on the brake and give it slowly increasing throttle, you get a slight "bump" when the clutch engages. That's right when you get off the brake and give more throttle and go. If I don't do that, it will slam the tranny and that's not a good thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts