Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I’m interested in buying a 570. There are very few close to me. Most are several hours away. We are going to test drive a 900 at a dealer tomorrow. If my husband and I both like it, we’ll buy it for him and continue looking for a 570 for me. Wondering what everyones overall impression is of the 570? We drove a Polaris side by side. It was awful. Very jerky. It was brand new. Are the Ace’s jerky? What I mean by that is they don’t accelerate smoothly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi all. I’m interested in buying a 570. There are very few close to me. Most are several hours away. We are going to test drive a 900 at a dealer tomorrow. If my husband and I both like it, we’ll buy it for him and continue looking for a 570 for me. Wondering what everyones overall impression is of the 570? We drove a Polaris side by side. It was awful. Very jerky. It was brand new. Are the Ace’s jerky? What I mean by that is they don’t accelerate smoothly.
I have a 2015 570, not power steering. This is the first vehicle I have owned with a belt drive, so my experience is that limited. All that said, I don't find the power transmission offensive at all. There may be a slight jerk when the centrifugal clutch engages, especially if the gas has been applied too firmly from a stop, but I believe that's sort of the nature of the beast, and would be hard to avoid. Once the centrifugal clutch is engaged, acceleration is very smooth. The gear shifting takes just a bit of getting used to, but after a few hours of driving the vehicle, it's easy and natural to use.
I pretty much love this thing. It has plenty of power for most any purpose except high speed desert or fire road type use. (63 MPH top speed.) Perfect for the woods trails we have around here in northern MN. I like the feeling of driving a small 4WD car, rather than a four wheeled dirt bike. (I have ridden two wheel dirt bikes in the past and loved them, and Jeeps more recently and loved them too.) This little goat seems to go anywhere I have the guts to point it, including some things that really have surprised me. Places where I thought I would be using a winch, it went right up. Good tires are very important for trails.
I guess I would encourage you to test drive one for as long as possible, and I think you will like it. If not, there are not that many alternatives, none in a single seater that I know of. Good luck, and have fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts