Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be looking at upgrading. I have a 570 ranger and love that engine. Dealers will probably not give me what my ACE is worth. It is in great shape. I think I will move the windshields, brush guards, wheels/tires, overhead bag, mirrors, cargo box and top to the new one. I would move the fender flairs but I had to drill holes to install those.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
The EPS thing is unclear, I've been asking the same question.
Might be a couple of years before we get factory EPS.
I'm going to have to wait anyway, and pay off some things.
Then I'll be buying a new ACE, moving my accessories to it, returning the old one to as stock as possible, and selling it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would be interested in your old ace...please keep me in mind if your selling in early 2015 (I have the same pay stuff off issue)

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I think the shipping cost would probably kill any Washington-Colorado deals, wouldn't it?
Anyway, I'm thinking it will be a couple years. I have a lot of paying off to do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
no way air fair and a U-Haul done deal!

I was thinking the one in Texas would be reasonable to go and get.

I think the shipping cost would probably kill any Washington-Colorado deals, wouldn't it?
Anyway, I'm thinking it will be a couple years. I have a lot of paying off to do.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
OIC, you were responding to Greybeard. Silly me.
I have had people make strange propositions like that before.
1600 miles round trip for a good deal on a used ACE sounds within the realm of reasonability. That's only a couple hundred bucks in gas.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey gizmo123. I will likely be doing something within a month or so. Not for certain yet. I am in DFW area. Have not heard back anything definitive from Hayseed's dealer. They are talking about trading in our 3 ACEs for 3 570ACEs. I am keenly interested in the number of $s that would have to exchanged.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey Scoundrel,
I'm ordering an EPS kit from Superatv today for my 2015 Ace 570 which I have on order. Only $520 delivered. Looks like a high quality unit at a much lower price than it would cost from Polaris if it was to become available in the future. I'm also, adding a EBS one way bearing (Polaris part# 1521172)to the primary clutch. I do a lot of steep trails here in VA and WVA.
I predominately ride a highly modified 2013 RZR 800LE and 2009 Sportsman 550 both with EBS and EPS and have found that these two options are invaluable on rocky black technical trails.

Norm Lagueux
Roanoke, VA

·
Registered
17 Posts
Greybeard have you gotten a bid from your dealer. I have a called in to see what my dealer will do on trade for our ACE. The boy thinks he could use that extra power. :lol:

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Hey Scoundrel,
I'm ordering an EPS kit from Superatv today for my 2015 Ace 570 which I have on order. Only $520 delivered. Looks like a high quality unit at a much lower price than it would cost from Polaris if it was to become available in the future.
I installed that EPS kit on my ACE.
It works great, and I am glad I installed it, but there are three things you gotta know:

1. You have to tear down pretty much the entire front end to install it. It's not like the EPS install on the RZR. It took me all day.

2. When you have the mounting plates in position, you have to keep ALL of the bolts VERY loose while you try and line up the shaft, and if you do somehow magically get it aligned to where it doesn't bump anything, good luck holding it there while you carefully tighten all of the mounting plate bolts. I failed to do this during my installation, and finally ended up enlarging the notch that exists in the crossbar so that it would not hit the crossbar. When I called SuperATV about it, they insisted that it was possible to get it lined up without cutting anything, but I did not see how. See this thread for details.

3. When you do get it installed and running, you may find, as I did, that the ACE is somewhat squirrely at speeds of 30 mph+. My RZR is the same way after putting an aftermarket EPS on it. The problem is that the aftermarket EPS has no way of knowing how fast you are going, so it provides the same steering boost when you're going 40 mph+ down a twisty gravel road as it does when you are going 5 mph and crawling over rocks.

I like my ACE a lot, and I can handle the steering with the non-variable boost, after I got used to it, but if I'm going to make the jump to the 570, I'd really want it to have the progressive boost of the factory EPS.
Now, if SuperATV could tie into the ACE's computer, access the speed sensor, and adjust its boost accordingly, then that would be spectacular.
There is a good reason that factory EPS costs more than aftermarket.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Nobody has been able to tell me that with absolute certainty yet.
The website is vague about it, saying "Accessing Option", whatever that means.
My local dealer hasn't gotten back from the conference yet, doesn't have the materials yet for the new lineup.

If you can send me a link to something saying this definitively, or take a photo/scan an accessory sheet showing it, I'll be happy to see it (and to know the cost).
But such statements need to be backed up with real information.
Too many times on internet forums, people just repeat what they heard from someone else, who saw someone else post it, who heard it from someone else, etc.

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I see it now.
That brings the total price up to $9800 plus tax and whatever else the dealer wants to stick you with (license fee, prep fee, freight fee, etc).
Plus gotta pay the dealer to install it, or spend a day doing it yourself.
Maybe next year there will be a "Limited Edition" that has it already installed and the total cost is a little less.

Sportsman ACE EPS Kit by Polaris | Polaris ATV Store

View attachment 1393

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, I was thinking it would happen. I have had mine for three months. LOVE it. Don't "need" the power but would like it. Thinking I might wait till the "2016" model comes out before I buy another one. Keep the one I have for mama and get daddy the Blue Voodoo thing. Hope its worth it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts