Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep hearing the stock rubber is junk and I will destroy them fairly quickly. My buddy blew a tire the first day on the trail on a different machine but same tire. I am not looking to deal with that and am gonna order some new tires ASAP.the trails are fairly tight and 48-50 is ideal. I want a tire that holds up well in the trails and an occasional trip to the dunes, I would like to go a bit taller without sacrificing performance much. Would like to hear your suggestions. Thanks guys

·
Registered
420 Posts
bighorns are a good all around tire.
pitbulls are a great trail tire, not sure how they are in the sand though
with any tire: 6 ply = compromise between toughness and weight, 8 ply = damn tough but usually pretty heavy

·
Registered
421 Posts
My 2 cents: Raceline MT SXS or GBC Dirt Tamers. Discount Tire Direct. GBC tires are 25x8x12 and 25x9x12. Either are far superior than the stock tires and are a little bigger than stated. Stock tires run small.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I keep hearing the stock rubber is junk and I will destroy them fairly quickly. My buddy blew a tire the first day on the trail on a different machine but same tire. I am not looking to deal with that and am gonna order some new tires ASAP.the trails are fairly tight and 48-50 is ideal. I want a tire that holds up well in the trails and an occasional trip to the dunes, I would like to go a bit taller without sacrificing performance much. Would like to hear your suggestions. Thanks guys
I heard the same thing about the Carlisles when my buddy bought his 2010 sportsman 500. He now has 2000 miles on that rubber and tread wise will go much farther. If you have a tendancy to cowboy up the trails or as we affectionately say Scoundrel up the trails, without watching what you are doing, I doubt the Carlisles are going to last for you. If you watch what you are doing as my friend does, they will last as good as his have. They are a 4 ply tire and wont take too much abuse, but given a rider that takes care of them, they should be fine , at least for a while. I'm keeping mine til they actually need replaced. Keep some plugs with you and try to not abuse the sidewalls and you should be good for many miles The carlisles seem to like 8 psi. Happy riding

Reactions: Stubby
1 - 4 of 4 Posts