Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top ten reasons to own an ACE :drool:

(please personalize your list accordingly)

10) Cause the ol’ lady don’t want you to
9) You don’t mind being in the elements…just not part of the elements
8) They look cool
7) You can make them look really cool
6) You can go anywhere your stick steering buddies go
5) No more spider webs in your face
4) Now they finally have enough power (maybe)
3) If you need a passenger….get a Kawasaki Mule
2) A long day of riding doesn’t feel like a long day of riding
1) Every boy wants a big go-cart to ride!

·
Registered
26 Posts
My tongue in cheek contributions:

10) Since riding season in Wyoming is a bit short it is good to have other things to do with my Ace, like plowing and adding gadgets
9) There is an ongoing dispute between my mind and my body as to age. Having a cage protects the body when it loses the argument.
8) Wires across trails, real or perceived, are caught by the cage
7) Roof keeps satellites from identifying me and is cooler than tin foil hat
6) Rat Patrol, (Note: Goggles must hang around neck)
5) So many handy storage spots and mounting points (See gadgets above)
4) Not everyone has one
3) 5pt harness, (My superman impression sucks)
2) That look of envy from the poor guy driving a four-seater
1) It only holds one pilot, like WWII fighter planes. That can't be a coincidence

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ditto here.

·
Registered
394 Posts
1. Fits in the back of my truck(my favorite).
2. Protection from limbs(cage).
3. Seatbelt/roll cage, arm protectors.
4. Sit lower, so lower CG.
5. So easy to drive, even my wife can run it(and she likes it).
6. Lots of good options(storage bags, roof, winch, mud flaps, brush guards, pre-installed rocker switches...ect.
7. Looks cool.
8. I fit good in it, and older age like me, it's easy to sit in and drive.
9. I feel safer in it than a 4 wheeler.
10. So dang fun.

Dislikes:
1. Noisy.
2. Need the bigger engine option in the green Ace. Just a want, not a need.
3. Need "racks" on front and back. Hard to tie down items on the Ace.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
The best in my opinion is H2O's Not everybody has one

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
1. Fits in the back of my truck(my favorite).
2. Protection from limbs(cage).
3. Seatbelt/roll cage, arm protectors.
4. Sit lower, so lower CG.
5. So easy to drive, even my wife can run it(and she likes it).
6. Lots of good options(storage bags, roof, winch, mud flaps, brush guards, pre-installed rocker switches...ect.
7. Looks cool.
8. I fit good in it, and older age like me, it's easy to sit in and drive.
9. I feel safer in it than a 4 wheeler.
10. So dang fun.

Dislikes:
1. Noisy.
2. Need the bigger engine option in the green Ace. Just a want, not a need.
3. Need "racks" on front and back. Hard to tie down items on the Ace.

Make rear rack out of 3/4 inch PVC like a lot of us did Work great for carrying mans best friend or other gear There is a thread on how to Search it

·
Registered
93 Posts
the like is as above fun to drive

dislike: I have a new ace sp, the build quality compared to the honda's is sad. The honda is much better quality on the ride and the finish the honda has and excellent engine the transmission, none of this cvt junk, but not as fun to drive.
When I got the ace home and was taking it for a ride I stepped on the gas nothing happen at 1500 rpm, I looked around thinking I was in neutral or a hole than 1750 from the transmission a clunk and off we went finally. With the Honda a little gas and it starts to move.
This rig has ebs so off to the the hill not a very big one, gas on to get it moving and off of the gas and the ebs took over and slowed it down to 1250 rpm and then we free wheeled for 50 feet and I applied gas and the ebs took over again. This still need that slp clutching system. i'll fine out on monday from the dealer if it voids the warranty

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
the like is as above fun to drive

dislike: I have a new ace sp, the build quality compared to the honda's is sad. The honda is much better quality on the ride and the finish the honda has and excellent engine the transmission, none of this cvt junk, but not as fun to drive.
When I got the ace home and was taking it for a ride I stepped on the gas nothing happen at 1500 rpm, I looked around thinking I was in neutral or a hole than 1750 from the transmission a clunk and off we went finally. With the Honda a little gas and it starts to move.
This rig has ebs so off to the the hill not a very big one, gas on to get it moving and off of the gas and the ebs took over and slowed it down to 1250 rpm and then we free wheeled for 50 feet and I applied gas and the ebs took over again. This still need that slp clutching system. i'll fine out on monday from the dealer if it voids the warranty
Granted Honda makes an excellent machine if you want to pay for it. If Polaris charged what Honda does they could also have excellent quality, but most of us settle for not as much quality, better performance, and a price that cant be beaten by anybody, and also a very reliable machine. If you warm up your machine the engagement of the transmission wont be nearly as harsh the first time. Usually after mine is good and warm I hardly notice the engagement. Don't really know what you were trying to say about voiding your warranty. EBS takes some getting used to Personally I'd rather not have it. Good luck and I hope you learn to love your ACE

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
This still need that slp clutching system. i'll fine out on monday from the dealer if it voids the warranty
Any aftermarket add-on, especially something in the drive train, will result in Polaris rejecting a warranty claim if there is the remotest possibility that the issue the claim is filed about was caused by that add-on.
If you have any sort of drive train issues at all, and an aftermarket clutch, you would do well to return the clutch to stock before asking the dealer to do a warranty claim.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was saying about modifying the primary clutch to do away with this free wheeling if it will void the warranty on the ace. I will say the eps worked well at lower speed below 15 mph their is little feel but as you get to 18 mph the eps goes away so you have good feed back. I know the eps add on had problems with no feed back at higher speed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.