Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am about to purchase another ace and am curious and I know this topic has been discussed but what is the top speed on the 570. I am going to purchase a voodoo blue one and then buy new plastic for it in sage green but if the top speed is not that much of a difference then I will just buy another sage green 325.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i heard top speed on a 325 is around 58mph
The advertised top speeds of the 325 on this forum are from 50-53 mph. Have never heard of a 325 going 58. The 570s are around 10 mph faster than the 325s. I think 65 is a little fast, but on a smooth road maybe its possible, and also depending on whether you have a rear panel or not.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
So I am about to purchase another ace and am curious and I know this topic has been discussed but what is the top speed on the 570. I am going to purchase a voodoo blue one and then buy new plastic for it in sage green but if the top speed is not that much of a difference then I will just buy another sage green 325.
Here's a question for you......whats the top speed of your 325 ???

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so for the $1800 dollar difference may not be worth the extra in price for the 570. Plus to switch it over to sage green will be around an additional $500 for plastic. so $2300 is alot extra for only 10 mph diff. Vadal honestly I have not had a chance to get it there yet due to the weather and also have been working on all the mods

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
so for the $1800 dollar difference may not be worth the extra in price for the 570. Plus to switch it over to sage green will be around an additional $500 for plastic. so $2300 is alot extra for only 10 mph diff. Vadal honestly I have not had a chance to get it there yet due to the weather and also have been working on all the mods
ky.......no one can run top speed on the trails anyway. The 570 shines because it has a lot more usable torque at much lower rpm's.......in other words it will climb like a billygoat without revving the bejesus out of it. If you haven't ridden the 570 you owe it to yourself to take a ride on one before you just buy another one of what you've got. Why are you switching plastics. Deer don't care if its voodoo blue or sage green. Also where are you getting this 1800.00 dollar difference.....the 570 is 1000.00 more than the 325. 7495 for the 325 and 8495 for the 570 MSRP. When you're dragging one of those humongus KY deer, you'll wish you had the 570,,,,lol Good luck with your purchase.......but don't give 1800.00 more for a 570

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think 65 is a little fast, but on a smooth road maybe its possible, and also depending on whether you have a rear panel or not.
I wont say I was cheating to get 65 out of it, but I was taking advantage of the situation. Smooth pavement, slight down hill grade, no windshield, roof, or rear screen, and about 1/2 mile long although it was topped out in less than half of that. But I will say that in normal situations, I wouldn't expect to see much over 60 although I have never checked it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Huh? Top speed?
I don't get it...

With my XP1k, typically I'd run around 35-45 on straights, no need and not safe on most dirt trails/roads and even that was temporary. On trail, I want the HP and Torque that Vandal refers to.

Why i'm going with the 570 it will be for more HP and Torque, not top speed...
Fyi, I did have the 1k up to a reported 76-mph on pavement as a little 900 just wouldn't let it go.. that was the first and last time, so for me? my speeds are typically under 50-mph and no way on trail..

but each rider rides their way, so it may make sense, dunno, but I wouldn't put too much into "Top speed" as it doesn't really mean much IMNSHO... that is.. heheh,

Just say'n...

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
With my XP1k, typically I'd run around 35-45 on straights, no need and not save on most dirt trails/road and even that was temporary. On trail, I want the HP and Torque that Vandal refers to.but each rider rides their way, so it may make sense, dunno, but I wouldn't put too much into "Top speed" as it doesn't really mean much IMNSHO... that is.. heheh,
Just say'n...
For really big sand dune areas, and desert areas where you can run all out for miles and miles (Utah, for example), having a high top speed would be more important than the stuff we have around here.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yah, must be my style of driving...
and I was thinking he was in Kentucky and trail riding more than dunes.

Even in the desert (Fallon) and sand dunes I maybe? got up to 60-mph, but whoops and gullys (whatever those sand dune gulchs are called) were always there. I just felt 50-55 was safe....

But as you know, I'm a slow driver.
If a the Top Speed, for above scenario, is that important, then maybe it's not the right machine for use..

I would think, trail riding in KY that Torque and hp to git'er up that hill would be key.. heheh, unless the do what I do... back up quarter of a mile, floor it and hit that hill like you own it.. NOT !!! funny..

fun...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I wont say I was cheating to get 65 out of it, but I was taking advantage of the situation. Smooth pavement, slight down hill grade, no windshield, roof, or rear screen, and about 1/2 mile long although it was topped out in less than half of that. But I will say that in normal situations, I wouldn't expect to see much over 60 although I have never checked it.
Jay....I wasn't referring that you were fibbing, I don't really know how fast my own 570 ACE is, but if your weren't running a full windshield and a rear panel, and had a slight down hill grade, I could see it happening. Bet that little guy felt good at that speed. Mine seems to feel better the faster it goes, and tracks straight as an arrow

·
Registered
37 Posts
Jay....I wasn't referring that you were fibbing, I don't really know how fast my own 570 ACE is, but if your weren't running a full windshield and a rear panel, and had a slight down hill grade, I could see it happening. Bet that little guy felt good at that speed. Mine seems to feel better the faster it goes, and tracks straight as an arrow
Oh no, I didn't take it that way at all. Its all good.
I will say that I was pretty surprised at how stable it was at that speed and other than the tire noise was like driving a car. The only reason I even did it was because the guys that I was riding with that day on a couple 750 quads where pretty impressed with how the 570 ran and, well, wanted to race just to see how good it did run. But I will say right now that I would rather have a little better acceleration and torque than anything.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Oh no, I didn't take it that way at all. Its all good.
I will say that I was pretty surprised at how stable it was at that speed and other than the tire noise was like driving a car. The only reason I even did it was because the guys that I was riding with that day on a couple 750 quads where pretty impressed with how the 570 ran and, well, wanted to race just to see how good it did run. But I will say right now that I would rather have a little better acceleration and torque than anything.

Yeah. My 2013 Sportsman 500 at 58 mph was completely spooky, where the ACE is so stable and yes, just like driving a car. If you were going 65 those friends were[probably having a hard time keeping up. Don't judge its torque on a road, wait til you see how effortlessly it climbs over stuff, and how the engine doesn't strain any to get the job done. Enjoy it and be safe.....Vandal

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know this doesn't mean much but I have a few friends that have rzr 570 and a couple aces half a dozen all together. they are always trying to see which one is fastest and on any given day the same one doesn't win. I have the 330 and of course im last but not by a whole lot but I only weigh 140 and the next smallest to me is 190 or better. but I don't care it the fun factor that counts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a stock 570, with half wind shield and canvas top, that I got out on a warm afternoon and tried out the top speed. I had a strait, reasonabley paved road that was a few miles long. With no wind at all, and with a warm belt I made several runs. I could easly get runs of 55-65, and they always felt under control and comfortable. The best I could get was 67 on the speedo, 69 on the gps. Most of the time, it felt like it could have gone a bit more than that. But I will save that for another day and longer road.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts