Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I take off slowly it feels like it’s in limp mode (chugs) but after i get going everything is normal, when I slow down to stop it makes a funny noise like a bearing with dirt in it. Noise is coming from transmission side(right side wile sitting in machine). Anyone have thoughts or experience with this, suggestions ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
It should take off buttery smooth with hardly any effort....and stop with little to no noise.

• Jack the machine up and do a thorough check of all the suspension components. Grab each wheel/tire and check for play or looseness. Spin and listen for any roughness.
  • Check for brake pad wear or metal on metal
  • Make sure you don't have mud jammed up into the skid-plate and around the drive-shaft. Check around the a-arms/struts where the drive-axle goes into the hub/carrier for excess slop/play.
  • Check for mud/debris in the front where the drive-shaft enters the diff and also where the drive axles exit the diff. Check for slop/play where the axles enter both the front diff and the strut/hub.
  • Drain and inspect your transmission fluid. Make note of any material which drain that are not fluid.
  • Check the overall health of the belt and clutches/sheaves.
Narrow it down and bit and if you need more help, come back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts