Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Only thought i have on that is once you start adding the load to the drive train and removing the weak spots in an acessable area you create weak points internally. Which would you rather have repaired? A transmission or an axle?
In my opinion it would be easier to replace an axle trailside than tow/drag out a machine with a transmission failure.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Only thought i have on that is once you start adding the load to the drive train and removing the weak spots in an acessable area you create weak points internally. Which would you rather have repaired? A transmission or an axle?
In my opinion it would be easier to replace an axle trailside than tow/drag out a machine with a transmission failure.
I would agree but even with many aftermarket axles out there for other models it seems the axle is still the fuse that blows.

·
Registered
134 Posts
In my opinion the rear axle on the ace is already nice and solid i would be more concerned with the smaller front axles. Sorry i dont know of anyone who makes one yet. As for the transmission, i think a belt will blow before anything in the tranny. I definately would always have an extra one on hand. Again this is just my opinion i am not a professional!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts