Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hmmm... am I wrong or does it present some problems as in the Storage box not to mention rear view mirrors.. Maybe just the rear center.. looks like out side would be ok.

Again, I'm just a "Wanna be lurker" but would it lying flat on the storage box be a little better all around?

Just thinking out loud here. I like the additional spare hooked up like that, looks good, but practically?

Just a "Wandering Mind that wants to know"...
thanks...

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Hmmm... am I wrong or does it present some problems as in the Storage box not to mention rear view mirrors.. Maybe just the rear center.. looks like out side would be ok.

Again, I'm just a "Wanna be lurker" but would it lying flat on the storage box be a little better all around?

Just thinking out loud here. I like the additional spare hooked up like that, looks good, but practically?

thanks...
I certainly think that the product would have more appeal if they had optional diameters for the bar mounts.

- 1 3/4" = side bar.
- 1 1/2" = rear cross bar
- 1" = OEM brush guard top mount.

Also, a hinge where the pole meets the plate would allow options for swing out, side bar mount etc. I will stick with mine for now because I plan to use the storage cargo box and mount my molle plate + rotopax where this one mounts.

·
Registered
33 Posts

thanks...
For what I do its fine. Side View Mirrors would be more than adequate. As for storage the in cab options from polaris are more than adequate for what i'd bring. I ride with a few guys that have Rzr and they have storage for extras. If I was riding a lot with out them, I'd probably use the storage more. But again its all in personal preference and what you find practical. I like having the spare. Recently a group of us were out and shredded 3 tires in about 20 minutes from one another. So I like the spare.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I certainly think that the product would have more appeal if they had optional diameters for the bar mounts.

- 1 3/4" = side bar.
- 1 1/2" = rear cross bar
- 1" = OEM brush guard top mount.

Also, a hinge where the pole meets the plate would allow options for swing out, side bar mount etc. I will stick with mine for now because I plan to use the storage cargo box and mount my molle plate + rotopax where this one mounts.

Utvinc.com actually does have a 1 3/4" its just not listed under the Ace. If there was a 1" I would have preferred that for the back bumper. How do you like the Rotopax?

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Have not mounted them to the factory brackets. I ordered a custom rear molle style plate where the read windshield goes and it comes next week. Will post photos and a review.

One note. I used straps to fasten the gas rotopax to the top of the OEM cargo box......worked well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts