Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received my Polaris Ace Doors yesterday and want to post it and show you it because other posts could change your mind on the great doors. I like the door very much but there something you need to know. Current Price $359.99.

No instruction was received with the door but it a simple install.

1. Remove Both Side Net.
2. Remove Side Bars (BOLSTER)
3. Side screw in rocker
4. Two Screws on top of rocker Panel.
5. Doors hardware fit in these holes.

Seven screw and bolt hold these doors on.

View attachment 1957

Polaris Nerf Bar with work with doors but you need to make a small cut in the Nerf Bar for the door bracket with fit in.
View attachment 1958

The door come assembly but my door won't work until I switch the brackets.
View attachment 1959

Door latches can rattle but there a rubber set screw that can stop this.
View attachment 1960

Where it also mount to
View attachment 1961

I believe these doors are the same as Toys For Big Boys Doors.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am having the worst fitment issues ever with mine, no instructions either which is confusing since maybe theres a secret to getting them lined up.

My one side rear panel wont even fit on, the other side fit but the door latches wont work at all.

Instructions would be nice since im sure you prob want to latch the door then tighten all the bolts that way its alligned, but overall not even sure if my one side will even work.

EDIT: Called them up, they said the latches were installed backwards on some of them by accident so that solves one of the problems I was having, just like the tutorial above says to do.
For others reference just change the right and side black 90 degree bend piece on the latches, this positions the latch higher. so the 2 bolts on the rear of latch are beside the latch instead of above.

Then the other side maybe manufacturing issues, ill find out tomorrow but the customer service seems really good so even though this upset me I am still excited to get these on and working.

EDIT: All fixed they are installed and working :)

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I think because the frame is a fairly large diameter tube steel, they are rigid enough to not flop around at the top.
But I don't have a set, just going by the photos above.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have had these doors on my Ace for 2 months including running the ATV trails at the Eager Outlaw Rally & have had no rattles or flopping. Great doors! Cheers

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just installed these doors and they look great. No included instructions but Mark's instructions are all you really need. They take a little finessing to get lined up. Just install the bolts loosely at first and then tighten when things are lined up.
Not really hard at all, just takes a little time. My latches were installed correctly from the factory.

what keeps the door from flopping at the top of the roll cage?
Scoundrel is correct. The doors are pretty stiff. Once the latch and stop are adjusted properly, the doors don't flop around at all. They seem very rugged.

View attachment 2641

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Will these doors work with the Polaris nerf bars?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See pictures above the Nerf Bars will work but a small cut may be needed. Recent someone post the they didn't have to make the cut.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts