Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal. I pulled the plate off the trans and all seems fine just a lot of play. Makes it hard to get it in the gear I want if I am in a hurry(plowing). Everything works just sometimes i find myself between gears when plowing and going from R to L a lot.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi the Ace's gear box on a good day would never be described as slick or fast for shifting in just normal operation I can only imagine how annoying it is trying to plow with one. There is a detent star piece (each notch in the star relates to one of the gears) and a detent pawl in behind where that shaft goes it could be wearing. There is an upgrade piece that fixes hard or poor shifting on the 325 and some 570 ace models. Search a a thread on here I think it was "still hard shifting" it has the part numbers for the newer piece. It could be wear further inside the box but I would start there if your machine is still actually engaging gears etc but is just difficult to change the gear. I have never had that part of my ace apart but on some quads that shifter piece/area isnt actually in the transmission oil and sits seperate and can get full of water/gunk and start to rust etc. It might be different on the ace but again I havent had the need to pull that area to pieces to actually go yep its the same.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi the Ace's gear box on a good day would never be described as slick or fast for shifting in just normal operation I can only imagine how annoying it is trying to plow with one. There is a detent star piece (each notch in the star relates to one of the gears) and a detent pawl in behind where that shaft goes it could be wearing. There is an upgrade piece that fixes hard or poor shifting on the 325 and some 570 ace models. Search a a thread on here I think it was "still hard shifting" it has the part numbers for the newer piece. It could be wear further inside the box but I would start there if your machine is still actually engaging gears etc but is just difficult to change the gear. I have never had that part of my ace apart but on some quads that shifter piece/area isnt actually in the transmission oil and sits seperate and can get full of water/gunk and start to rust etc. It might be different on the ace but again I havent had the need to pull that area to pieces to actually go yep its the same.
Thank you! I am looking for the thread now with the parts. Yes everything works, was like this since new and only has 55hrs on it and has been a POS for changing gears since new! Your right on, hard to plow when your near the main road and need to get turned around before someone hits you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts