Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI

Okanogan County roads are again open to OHV use! The recent lawsuit brought against the county for improperly opening their roads to OHV use has been dismissed.
Not all roads are open to OHV use. Not sure which ones? Head over to our Where To Ride website, [url]http://www.where-to-ride.info [/URL]and click on Okanogan County. We have links to their OHV ordinances.

USDA Forest Service

fun...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah, I remember you were looking at doing the trails up there but this change caused some concern.... looks like a great area...

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I've been to Conconully at least a half dozen times, and it's great easy riding with astounding scenery.
Even when the lawsuit was pending there were some roads still open that allowed certain loops to be possible.
More roads open = more possibilities.

These folks know the value of making their area available for recreation.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I usually stay at Kozy Kabins & RV Park, run by a member of North Central ATV Club.
The State Park only recently started allowing ORVs inside the gate. Before that you had to leave your ride out by the street.

There are many ORV-friendly places to stay there. Here are a few:

Kozy Kabins & RV Park
111 East Broadway
509-826-6780 or 888-502-2246

Comstock Motel
110 N. Main Conconully, WA 98819
(509) 826-1272
Comstock Motel

Liar's Cove Resort
1835 Conconullly Rd
Conconully, WA 98819
509-826-1288 or 1-800-830-1288
Home

Other Resources:
Conconully Chamber of Commerce
Home :: Conconully Washington Chamber of Commerce

You can ride your ATV from any of these places right out on the trail, then come back into town and hit the gas station/convenience store for supplies before heading back to your campsite.

Photo albums:
Conconully Trip with the NQA crowd - 2008-05-29/30
Conconully - 05-23 and 24, 2009
Conconully - 05-22 and 23, 2010
Conconully, WA - Memorial Weekend 2011
Conconully - May 2012
Conconully - May 2013

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh mann...
I'd be putting this right at the top of the Ride-Campouts list...
Nice area and Spring would probably be the best time to go...

Some of those little "Ponds" heheh, are a little deceiving... a little deeper than one might think... and views.. nice... plus the convenience of town riding... sweet...

Nice pics thanks...

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
There is a lake with a little beach within a block of Kozy Kabins. Great for paddling around on a tube after a hot, dusty day's ride.
There's also a little creek that runs past Kozy Kabins where you can get some nice trout for dinner.
Sometimes the deer come down out of the hills to drink at the other side of the creek.
And sometimes you can watch the muskrats swimming around going about their business. They have a nest on the opposite bank.

The best times to go are May and September.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I was just looking at the links but Kozy apparently doesn't have a website up..
best I could find after a Google search.

Kozy Kabins

Is Kozy the "preferred" place? to stay/ride? with a camper rig.

Shady Pines looks nice....

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
It's the most ORV-friendly, since it is run by a member of North Central ATV Club (though she is trying to sell it).
The state park is OK too, if their ORV policy is favorable this month.
It is the place with the largest capacity to accommodate a group of ORV riders who want to stay close together.
It has a nice community fire pit with benches around it.
Prices are nice and low (in part because the place is a little run down).
Hot showers are free (because the coin-op hot water machine is broken).

So in my opinion, it's the best place to stay.
You should join the NQA crowd when they head up there for Memorial Weekend this year.
http://www.northwestquad.org/forum/index.php?topic=175.0
I just talked to Nancy at Kozy Kabins, I guess she's almost full for memorial weekend already.

I'll be going on a different week from the NQA crowd this year, because I want to do a bunch of mapping and don't want to complicate things by having a lot of people on the trail with me when I do that.
Of course, feel free to go when I go, and come along for the mapping.

Most places in the Conconully area can handle a RZR, if you still have your XP by then.

·
Registered
552 Posts
So If you don't have Over Head Valves you're screwed aye? Ranger must be a mechanic/tech as well. Ha ha just picking on you. Great to hear there is more places to ride. I wish Michigan would do the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts