Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just curious if anyone out there has any personal experience with these shocks and struts. I know Walker Evans build some nice shocks for the RZRs. These look great and, are one of the only after markets I have seen for the Ace. Just wondering how stiff they might be to ride on.

·
Registered
420 Posts
wow...didn't know they made some for the Ace. I want a set :D The fact the rears are adjustable is a big plus. It looks like the fronts are rebuildable and can be re-valved to your liking if needed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I want a set too. That's why I was wonderIng If anyone had used or seen these in person. They look great but are a little high for my budget right now. just wondering if they are are more race related or could be setup for a nice offroad ride. would love to find out.:eek:nthego:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I installed the Walker Evans shocks on all four and it really helped smooth out the ride on rough trails. Especially in the front. I installed Super Dave's bushings, and the back ones were so tight they had to be pressed in and have not been broke in yet and are still stiff. I never could get enough grease in to eliminate the squeaking without loosening the A arm bolts. The Super Dave bearings self lubricate. IMO it was worth the $$.
Norm

·
Registered
447 Posts
Norman, did you put the monotube shocks or the CA 16 Reservoir shocks on the rear. I ride with two friends who have a RZR 900 XC and a RZR 1000. On some of the rough terrain that we ride on, the little Ace just beats me to death and their RZR ride is much smoother. I looked at the list price on the Walker Evans website and you were right on on the $$$$.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hayseed, I installed the CA 16 on the rear and just the shock without reservoir on the front using the original springs as recommended by Walker Evans. These shocks really improved the ride. Especially in the front. The rear feels better but the Super Dave's bushings have to break in before I have the full results. Dave's bushings are super tight until broke in. I had to press them in and without the wheel or shocks on the A arms were real tight to move up and down. I run some rough Hat Field MC Coy trails in West Virginia.
I put Fox shocks on my 2013 RZR 800LE first and it improved the ride so much I decided to upgrade the Ace. Walker Evans was the only option I found for the Ace and I'm pleased with the results.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hey Norm, where did you get the shocks??

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thank you sir!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Just bought a set for the front. Divorce is imminent. .............

·
Registered
421 Posts
Divorce and possibly an a $$ whipping. Ordered rear Walker Evans today....

·
Registered
19 Posts
If I were to buy the front set, would that fix the suspension as much if I were to buy the whole set? I don't have enough to buy for all 4 sides, so would just buying the front solve the suspension issues?

·
Registered
421 Posts
It will help a bunch. It doesn't address the strut breakage issue though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
i believe the ace 900 is the same suspension on the front.... nothing beefy about it, just have to see racer tech for their welded steel ones. thats where you get your beef. however that adds another $ to the $$$$ and sounds like gmck154x4 needs to be saving that $ for a lawyer....:shifty:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts