Polaris ACE Forum banner

Wanted ACE 900 SP

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  OhioAce900SP 
#1 ·
Hi,
Have owned my 570 since 2015 and loved it. Unfortunately, just didn't have enough power at high altitudes above 10000 feet to climb some of the hills I wanted to do so comfortably.

I sold my 570 last week and am looking for a 900 ACE. It is my understanding that some newer models had a-arms instead of struts. Not sure what year that was but would prefer not having struts though mine never gave me problems.

So, if you have a 900 ACE, give me a holler.

Thanks,
Drew

#2 ·
Believe 2016 is best and only option for 900sp. It will give you what you are looking for at 10k. We have never wanted more power from ours, did upgrade tires to bighorns, but kept them at 25 for component longevity. Keep in mind with better tires traction roll becomes a possibility. We have never had an issue with the ATV suspension, either.

#3 ·
Yea the only year for the 48" wide 900cc ace was 2016, and it only came with strut suspension. For 2017+ there is only the 900xc, which is 60" wide with an extra 6" of wheelbase, but does have the double a arm suspension.

The longer wheelbase is the only reason we don't get a newer 900, we side load ours and it fits exactly between the side rails on our trailer like it was built for it, so the extra wheelbase wouldn't work.
We are considering selling the 900sp and getting a 2017+ 570sp because the front suspension is just so rough, plus the extra 50+ miles per tank would be nice...

#4 · (Edited)
The 900 in stock form rides rough due to the sway bars and the lower ride height/spring rates. I had a same year 330 and it rode much smoother than the 900, and sat up slightly higher.

Removing the front sway bar will improve the ride, but you may not like the way it handles at speed. I ditched the front sway bar after the first ride and found the trade-off worth the extra front articulation. I have retained the rear sway bar.

Others have also added front preload adjusters (there are different types) and increased spring pretension to compensate for the sway bar being removed. If you run wider 4/3 rims, I've found it to be a bit softer too. I guess the extra width works the springs a bit more. It will however be easier to over drive the suspension (bottoming and topping out) with the heavier rims/tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.