Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do yall wash intake and belt intake without getting water in. i put rags in there but looking for a diff way

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I don't. I just go ahead and hit it with the hose.
Well, I try and avoid it mostly, but I don't worry about it if I get a little in there.
Why not? Because there is a reservoir built in, with a little rubber valve at the bottom.
So when I'm done washing I squeeze the little rubber thing, and any water that went in drains out.

I'll post a picture later.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Here are those pics.

First one shows location. I took this pic on the left side but they're the same on both sides.
Second pic shows the rubber one-way valve, and where the reservoir feeds down to the clutch.
The shape is the same on both sides, but mirrored. On the intake side (right), it feeds into a plastic pipe that runs downhill to the air box.
Third pic shows the airbox, which has another rubber one-way valve in it.

You'd have to really MEAN IT to flood this thing with a spray attachment on a garden hose.
I doubt Polaris would have built a machine that you could kill with a garden hose while cleaning it.

View attachment 600 View attachment 601 View attachment 599

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, just thought there may be a way to keep the inside clean im very picticular

·
Registered
9 Posts
One thing I did notice after I washed mine. A few days later I had to mow the lawn and when I went to pull the Ace out of the shed it seemed to need a lot of RPM's to get it to move. I of course have a 2002 sportsman 400 and knew exactly what was wrong water in the CVT housing. That's why the little plug is there. However Knowing me that wouldn't suffice so I pulled the whole cover and got even more water out of there. So if any of you notice issue like this make sure you take a look at this and at the very least remove the plug and drain that water guys.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just use a high pressure sprayer and try to avoid that area and put rags in there. It takes two seconds and the high pressure sprayer doesn't get much in there anyways. By time I pulled the rages they were nearly dry anyways.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts