Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sucked in water and now smoking changed oil 2 times. any suggestions before i start it again

·
Registered
447 Posts
Would you mind posting to the forum how water was sucked in the airbox? I might help some of us avoid the same problem. Sorry, but I am not a mechanic and have no suggestions on what to do next.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If u look on thread finally got the cage done u will see my boy in a hole the tires threw muddy water on the intake and aparently fill the airbox

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did you take the plug out and blow the water out before running it or did you just clean the airbox out? Water doesn't compress so if it gets filled enough it can snap or bend a connecting rod. Hopefully you didn't tear up the rings. If your sure there is no water in the whole system then something is damaged. I would make sure everything is blown dry from the airbox to the cylinder and if it is and it's still smoking then you broke something. That pic doesn't look high enough to get into the airbox. Crazy if the tires threw that much water.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we did blow water out it starts and runs fine just alitte smoke when u get on it . the oil was never milkey. so did it break a ring? we have rode once since then. should i tear it down now or ride till it pukes.
worst case will the 570 fit to the same tranny

·
Registered
93 Posts
black smoke is unburned diesel when you push a diesel engine to hard I give up, are you checking it at night time or in the day at night blue smoke will look black

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Exactly thats why im hoping it the fouled plug. It seems to be fueling issue.we will see changing plug and oil tonight. If it was oil wouldnt it have oil residue on the back after a ride?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Exactly thats why im hoping it the fouled plug. It seems to be fueling issue.we will see changing plug and oil tonight. If it was oil wouldnt it have oil residue on the back after a ride?
only if it was a lot of oil...doesn't take much to make it smoke

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
finally gave up and ordered parts for rebuild. should be here anyday been waiting for 3 weeks. anyone know anything about the cylinder they said it could not be honed?
looks like some valve trash and an oil ring was the problem. gonna change piston, rings, cylinder, valve seals, and see what happens.

·
Registered
420 Posts
finally gave up and ordered parts for rebuild. should be here anyday been waiting for 3 weeks. anyone know anything about the cylinder they said it could not be honed?
looks like some valve trash and an oil ring was the problem. gonna change piston, rings, cylinder, valve seals, and see what happens.
I wonder if it is coated from the factory...if so any work done to the the cylinder would require recoating. Many places aren't set up to do it and won't mess with motors that require it since it involves sending it out for plating.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts