Polaris ACE Forum banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello - can't wait to see the aftermarket stuff start rolling out for the Ace. Should be pretty neat little machine for the trails :cool:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Six time RZR owner, have two presently (mine and wife's) really like the idea of the new Ace we usually ride alone and on tight trails. Got mine ordered last Saturday should be in sometime during the first week of February can't wait, who knows could be start of something big!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just got mine. Got 2.5 hours on it and wouldn't you know it, no rain for months and now that is all it does. Still gives me time to install the brush guards, top etc. And read the manual. I love the way that it turns in 2WD and you gas it a bit :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. There has to be a ton of these things in Texas, just not too many registered on here I suppose.

Dealership: Well I contacted 7 different dealerships in this part of Texas. Availability was a problem as was willingness to negotiate. I doubt I got a good deal but I think I probably got a dollar or perhaps two off. :) It was Freedom Powersports in Weatherford Texas. West of Fort Worth about 40 miles. A friend of Mine over West of Tyler also has a new one and is really enjoying his as well.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah the dealers I have visited around Austin have only received one or two. I just don't think the dealers can keep up with the demand just yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone!
Proud new owner here from just south of Atlanta. Was out this weekend bent on buying a sidexside and couldn't pull myself away from this thing. Immediately had fun and nearly turned it over as well! The unreasonable side of me wants to buy another one already. Glad to see there is a growing community of enthusiasts here and I am anxious to learn more.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I am Greybeard's friend near Tyler that also has an Ace. I have had a mule since 1999 and an ATV when I was younger. One-Shot came up a about three weeks ago and I borrowed an ATV from my sister to ride with One-Shot. I had forgotten how much fun they are to ride. I had just built about 8 miles of woodland trails with lots of rocks and ravines. It was a blast to ride the ATVs on the new trails. I sent Robert an email and said that I was in the market for a used ATV. He sent me a link on the Ace on Tuesday. I spent a day or two thinking about it and started looking at the inventory of nearby dealers. The only dealer that showed an inventory was Brinson Powersports in Athens. I emailed the dealer from their contact page on Thursday and they called on Friday. They did not have one but said that they had paid for one and it should be in soon. I drove to Athens to chat with the dealer and while I was making the 20 minute drive to the dealer they delivered the Ace. The salesman and I cut the plastic wrap from the shipping carton, I drove it about 300 feet and bought it. I am still smiling.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Scoundrel,

That was one of my decision points in buying the Ace. The Ace shipped without the ROPS attached. The Ace was in a container with metal posts at the corners and the ROPS was turned upside down on the Ace in the container. Everything was shrink wrapped in plastic. It took a lot of cutting just to see anything. The dealer had to install the ROPS and jump start the Ace. He told me that the batteries are not charged at the factory. It took about 30 minutes to assemble the ROPS and it was ready for a test drive. We finalized the deal a few minutes after closing time. I had them install front and rear brush guards and the poly top. They charged the battery overnight and I picked it up around 10:00 a.m. the next day. The dealer was great and almost perfect, almost. I also bought a rear cargo box and someone got interrupted during the assembly and forgot to tighten the bolts where the cargo box is secured to the Ace. I was looking in the rear view mirror about 3 miles from the dealer and saw it blow off. It was scratched up a bit. I called the dealer and they ordered a new one that came in two days later. I assembled the mounting hardware on this one myself.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
That's as close to perfect as it gets. Bummer about the scratched up box, but glad the dealer took care of you.
Since you picked it up the next day, the dealer had time to go over all of the other connections and bolts and stuff, right? In particular the throttle body hose clamps and checking fluid levels?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Scoundrel,

I paid a $295 prep and assembly fee. They are a reputable dealer and told me that they went over everything. I believe that they gave me a checklist of the things that they did but I have misplaced it. I have checked the oil level but not the others. I will do that before I drive it any more. I am used to saying ride when referring to an ATV but with a steering wheel I suppose it is proper to say drive. Maybe that question would be a good thread to get everyone's opinion. This has probably been settled on the RZR forums. There was also fresh grease on the grease zerks. Either the dealer or the factory lubricated it. I plan to take it in for the 50 hour checkup and have a professional go over everything again. I checked the throttle body hose clamps when I zip tied them to keep them from rubbing on the access panel.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I believe that they gave me a checklist of the things that they did but I have misplaced it.
I am used to saying ride when referring to an ATV but with a steering wheel I suppose it is proper to say drive. Maybe that question would be a good thread to get everyone's opinion. This has probably been settled on the RZR forums.
My checklist was completely blank. :) So I went over stuff. I also did not pay the prep fee.
The drive vs. ride, bike vs. ATV vs. car argument has raged hot and long over at RZR Forums, but I don't think it is settled by any means.
People call it what they like, and stickybutts take issue with it, and people who have too much time on their hands argue back about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I saw the ace a month ago in Reno and the dealer was willing to come down some. I told him id sell a quad and be back. A month later I had the quad sold. I showed up and he remembered our conversation. I told the finance gal work ur numbers and get me hundred dollar pymts. She came back with 2300- down and 117- per month i said deal. Was out riding that day. Its one climbing buggy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everybody, new to forum looking at the 570 ace. Reading as much as I can about them.

06 crf450 supermoto
08 husky 510 supermoto
10 Honda rancher 420
06 predator 500 troy lee
08 rzr 800 sold

21 - 40 of 85 Posts