Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally this weekend after a few months of working through the process I finally finished all my mods and add-ons to setup my Ace for not only my ability but also my preference. I've been in a chair for over 20 years and during that time I've owned and ridden many quads, primarily Polaris Scramblers, but I've always felt a little uneasy related to the inherent danger of quads especially with limited mobility and the necessary reliance on others when things don't go quite right. My desire is that the Ace will open another avenue that will allow me to continue to get out and enjoy and experience what life and nature has to offer.

In approaching the Ace it does provide a great platform to start from to allow for this, but i did find that a number of modifications were beneficial for me. I've detailed below all I have done. I've split the list into a number of categories covering what I felt was essential through to just for the heck of it...

Starting of with those items which I felt were essential:
1. Firstly the most obvious were hand controls
2. I found the throttle spring way to hard for use with hand controls, so had the throttle spring re-made lighter
3. Fitted super ATV power steering
4. Fitted Pro Armour 3" Harness to hold me in securely
5. Used a high performance grease to grease seat rails (otherwise just try and move the seat while sitting on it)

Those items which provide added security or functionality:
6. Replaced the stock steel rims with 7" front and 8" rear alloys (for greater offsets to provide additional stability)
7. Sewed up my own harness retainers (just to help stop the harness moving on the rear bar)
8. Centre and side mirrors
9. A couple of grab handles fitted to the upper roll bar
10. Fire extinguisher
11. UHF CB Radio

Those items which added convenience:
12. Roof
13. Windscreen
14. Doors (and door graphics)
15. Headache net
16. Storage box
17. Fender flares

And finally I've got the bug add-ons:
18. Front bumper
19. Rear bumper
20. Rock sliders
21. Towbar
22. Front bumper LED light bar
23. Pair of roof LED's
24. Roof bag
25. Custom bluetooth stereo
26. Custom harness straps to tidy up the excess shoulder straps
27. XP1000 steering wheel
28. GoPro mount
29. Clear headlight bullet tape on both headlights and bumper LED

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Looks good. All you gotta do now to finish it up is to go out and get a little mud on it.... Tell me more about the tow bar. I have been thinking of something for ours, but not coming up with anything simple, lightweight, and easy to attach to three macgines. I am wanting something more than a strap.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tell me more about the tow bar. I have been thinking of something for ours, but not coming up with anything simple, lightweight, and easy to attach to three macgines. I am wanting something more than a strap.
The tow bar is a Polaris add-on. It's a pretty simple fit, and you can easily remove the tongue if not in use or required.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Still pretty quite, light rain not much wind. I think we will miss most of it, to far inland. You guys on the east coast might get a hammering over the next day by the sound of it. Perfect weather for riding, ( yeah right )

·
Registered
421 Posts
Great build! I really like the xp1k steering wheel. Was it a direct fit?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks good. Is that a 4 point harness?? Been getting ready to put on mine but wasn't sure how they would work on the stock seat. Had them on my RZR but had the Dragon Fly seat. It was a bucket in heavy rain. Love the Ace stock seat.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Looks good. Is that a 4 point harness?? Been getting ready to put on mine but wasn't sure how they would work on the stock seat.
Yes indeed a 4 point Pro Armour harness. Fitment was pretty easy, the stock belts come out easily enough. I just had to carefully cut out a bit of extra plastic around where the reciever belt sits to allow the harness to bolt in. The harness retainers are also a must to stop the top harness mounts sliding on the bar.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I would like to know more about reworking the throttle spring.
It would be a great advantage to have a lighter spring when riding 75 miles in one day.
Your 570 looks really nice.
I'm also interested in a throttle spring replacement.
After riding the RZR, I get in the ACE and I'm like "Is the gas pedal stuck? Oh, just have to push harder."

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Can't. As was covered in another thread, the spring is bent the wrong direction.
The part that hooks the pedal arm ends up 180 degrees wrong. Otherwise I would have bought one ages ago.
Don't want to heat it up and bend it, not sure what that would do to the strength.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.