Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm plannin on gettin 28x12x12 and 10x12s for the front. Wonder will this be a bit too big, as in reading a lot of people going 25,26s. What are yalls thought on best tire size for comfort and performance.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have had no issues out of my 27" zillas 9 wide up front, 11 wide in rear. Offset on wheels is 4.5/2.5 and keep in mind, Zillas are known to be a touch short on their height dimensions.

·
Registered
421 Posts
26 on the 570. 25 on the 330.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I'm plannin on gettin 28x12x12 and 10x12s for the front. Wonder will this be a bit too big, as in reading a lot of people going 25,26s. What are yalls thought on best tire size for comfort and performance.
You might have clearance issues when turning with 28s on the front unless you use wheel spacers.
It might also reduce your power a bit. But not so bad with the 570.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have had no issues out of my 27" zillas 9 wide up front, 11 wide in rear. Offset on wheels is 4.5/2.5 and keep in mind, Zillas are known to be a touch short on their height dimensions.
I agree with luvdamud

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not wanting to decrease my power if possible. I was looking at the zillas. Good tire?
Lookin for something that's comfortable, can get through the mud when needed, and ride fast.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Larger diameter tire = less power. Physics and all that.
But it might not be a huge power loss. You have to try it and decide if it's too much for you.
Larger tire is going to produce a smoother ride, more ground clearance, better mud ability.
It's a trade-off.

·
Registered
85 Posts
25" Mud lites on the wifes 330 and 28" Interco Swamp lites on my 570. I do have a very slight fender rub at full turn with the 28"'s but nothing to be concerned about. I personally love the swamp lites on this rig. They dig in the thick stuff when needed and pull me outta some pretty sticky stuff. A bit loud for a regular logging road but a great performer.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have 25-10-12 mounted up on stock rear wheels on all four corners of my ace. With half inch spacers on the front there are absolutely no clearance issues at all. The reason I went this way was to only need/carry one spare tire in case of a major tire problem.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like my Zillas, ride is a little rougher than stock on the harder surfaces but a great upgrade in the mud. I haven't noticed any lack in power, however, the Zillas hook up better so it is harder to slide the back-end around which I miss. I drive in 2wd with the Zillas in a lot of places I used to drive in 4wd with the stock tires. All in all happy with the tires, probably the lightest 27" mud tire.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't want to loose my rear end slides. So I might have to go with something other than zillas. Can you run with 27s with no spacers?

·
Registered
447 Posts
One Deep, I have 27" Roctane tires with 2" spacers. I have a friend that has 26" Roctane tires. He initially did not have spacers and his tires rubbed a lot on the front fenders. He has to have spacers even with the 26" Roctanes.

I did some performance tests with two different brand of 26" tires vs. the 27" tires. I could find very little, if any, performance difference between the 26" and 27" tires. These were on 2014 Aces with the small engines. I did not have access to an Ace with 25" tires so I don't know about performance loss compared to the 25" tires. We did several drag races up to about 45 mph and could see no difference between the 26" and 27" tires.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts