Polaris ACE Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Best I remember when I tried the rear wheel as a spare with the smaller front tire; and tried it for a spare on the front, it was scrubbing tie rod end because offset put it to far in. Front wheel works all the way around for a spare.

Reactions: 12000

·
Registered
11 Posts
I finally had a chance to take a photo of the difference in height between the OEM front and rear tires. It’s not huge, but it’s definitely noticeable.

B460063B-D888-4BD1-A2E8-C86087C8EC5D.jpeg

I also tried installing the rear tire/wheel on the front. There was no interference with the tie rod end, but the tire did touch the strut. I wouldn’t call it rubbing - it just barely touched it. The contact was so slight that the strut hardly even cleaned the dirt off the tire as it rotated, and I couldn’t even feel any resistance as I rotated it. So I tried putting one flat washer over the studs and there was no contact at all. And losing 1-1/2 or 2 threads of lug nut retention shouldn’t be an issue on a temporary basis. I’ve added 4 flat washers to my tool kit so I’ll be good to go in the event I ever need to use the (rear) spare.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Would probably be fine for an emergency slow drive out. But you have to remember when driving with all the weight on and the flexing of the tire itself will make a difference. Just my opinion.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts