Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everyone will put new tires/rims on there Ace eventually or its the first thing someone does. there are also tons of tires/rims to pick from, so to help everyone share a few things about your tires.

1) what tire and size
2) what rim and size
3) why you picked that tire/rim setup
4) how the setup works for you
5) where you bought them and there coast
6) post a picture of your setup

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is what i have on my ACE

1) what tire and size? i put the Artrax CTX Radial 26x9-12 on all 4 corners

2) what rim and size? i put the ITP Delta Steel Wheel (12X7 4+3 4/156)

3) why you picked that tire/rim setup? i picked these so i could have the same tire all around and for price there very affordable its a 6 ply tire.

4) how the setup works for you? this tire is great i bought them originally for my sportsman but then traded it for the ace but i kept the tires/rims they widen the stance of the ace to about 53in but the offsets are perfect and the front and rear is the same width. they work great in all terrain from rock to mud they and are really good in the snow. i would say there one of the best all purpose ATV tire for the Price. i probably have about 1000 miles on mine and they still look almost brand new. they grip awesome i never seem to lack traction i am sure there is better for mud but they fir the trails i ride with some mud, rock sections, dirt roads or paved these tires do exactly what i need from them. i don't know if there was a power difference because i had these from day one but it tops out at about 55 and it will still drift if i give it.

5) where you bought them and there coast? they are only available at motosport.com rim at $44.99 and tire $74.99 totaling $479.94 with free shipping you can also get them cheaper if there on sale. they also give you $5 Fast cash with each tire so i ordered the rims separably and got $20 off.

6) post a picture of your setup
13319782_10209637344069527_7661927526523577536_n.jpg

Reactions: DslCJ8

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
1) what tire and size Maxxis Ceros 26x9x12 and 26x11x12
2) what rim and size ITP 12x7 4+3 4/156
3) why you picked that tire/rim setup smooth ride and liked the looks of the wheels
4) how the setup works for you....works great on hard pack and well in lighter mud

·
Registered
299 Posts
NOTE: TIRE LUGS DO HAVE VERY NOTICEABLE VIBRATION AT SPEEDS UP TO 10KM. FROM 10KM+, NO NOTICEABLE VIBRATION IS FELT!
1. What tire and size: STI Outback XT 6-ply, 1 1/8" lugs, 27x9x14 & 27x11x14.
2. What rim and size: Moose Racing Division 393x, 14x8, 5+3, 4/156

3. why you picked that tire/rim setup: Tires are rated more for trail/hardpack, but also wanted the aggressive mud lugs for the softer stuff. Didn't want the all-black or too-chrome rims, so love the looks of these! Biggest selling point was the 5+3 offset was extremely limited which helps with tire clearance & the wider stance that I wanted! White tire pen on sidewall logo sure makes the tires stand out!

4. How the setup works for you: Honestly the best tires I've ever had! 90% riding is gravel roads to get to the trails. After 1100kms, tires still look brand new! The aggressive lugs hook up like crazy in the softer stuff. When tires hook up they usually give a very unexpected jolt out of the bad stuff...that nearly puts you in the trees! Extremely stiff sidewalls and lugs seem to be of a very hard-wearing rubber compound which is perfect on gravel roads. Loose gravel is noticeable only in the corners, but ACE is just slow enough to keep out of most squirrely situations. Clocked multiple times, ACE now tops out approx. 61mph, most likely only due to much further travel from the larger rims/tires as engine is still stock.

5. Where you bought them and there cost: Local Polaris dealership in Alberta, Canada. Rims, tires & lug nuts was just over $1800 installed, but Canadian $ so probably more expensive than anywhere else. These were not the most expensive available, but I'm fully satisfied with the performance/reliability & wear so they're worth every penny far as I'm concerned! Next time around, I'll get same tires but in 28"!

20160704_124806.jpg

·
Registered
107 Posts
What tire and size---- Maxxis Big Horns 26x9x14 front 26x11x14 rear. Originally had Pro Comp (same sizes), but these tires are crappy in snow. Should have bought Big Horns in the beginning.

What rim and size-----Polaris SIXr 7" wide in front with a 4x3 offset, the rear 8" wide with a 3x5 offset.

Why I picked these----Ride mostly trails that are a combination of hard pack,rocks and mud when wet. I consider the Big Horns one of the best all around tire on the market. The off sets on these wheels give me additional width that makes the ACE very stable (53" wide in front, 56" wide in rear). The extra width is no problem in my riding area.

This set up works great for my riding style and trails I ride. Love the Big Horns.....

·
Registered
510 Posts
1) what tire and size - cst abuzz 26-x8-12 front, 26x10-12 rear
2) what rim and size - ITP delta black steel 4+3 off-set 12" rims
3) why you picked that tire/rim setup - light-weight,good pricing and reviews,all-terrain tread
4) how the setup works for you - works great on a wide variety of terrain,no power loss or handling complaints
5) where you bought them and there coast - bought rims and tires from atv tires canada,cost was very reasonable.
6) post a picture of your setup - see my thread "cst abuzz tires" for a couple of pics!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Kenda Bear Claw EVO. 26".
SS 12" rims
I chose a different offset to make my Ace a little wider but nothing too radical because I didn't want to change my scrub angle too bad. I stayed with a 12" rim because I would rather my tire take a beating from rocks than my giant rim. I chose this tire because I wanted a fairly aggressive tire that would get up on the center knobs when I have to buzz down the road and not vibrate me to death. I have done some pretty nasty stuff and never needed 4 wheel drive.
I bought them at a dealer for around $700 image.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
ITP MudLites 27x10-12 front and 27x12-12 rear
ITP c-series type 7 beadlock wheels
Good in terrain + additional clearance and durability, but also works on road.
Works fine on the close geared 325 in low range.
20160704_214027.jpg 20160704_214055.jpg

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have radial black diamond tires. REAR= 25x10 r12 FRONT= 25X8X12, affordable at $102. Very aggressive tire, not all that much fun to drive on the road with. One blew a belt in the first 100 miles but they gave me a new tire for free, good for mud, holds close to original width . I put them on RCL Scorpion rims @$75 12x7 4+3 offset. I haven't used the rims much yet but seem fine. I bought them from discount tire.

Also have doonz 25.5x13x12 rear and 26x11x12 front on moose 387B 12x7 rims. I haven't used the moose rims on anything but the paddles. I bought these from David Allen Motorsports. Sorry for so many pictures, I tried deleting some but no luck.

IMG_2052.jpg Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 5.36.05 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 5.35.58 PM.png IMG_2167.jpg IMG_2165.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
fforslund: Does the plexiglass go completely over the top? Interesting, I'd love to see more pictures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes it does, it is my own idea/design, made from 4mm UV-shielded poly-carbonate 3m x 1m sheet (not cheap, but a lot cheaper than OEM windshield + roof + backwindow).
Covers from snow/rain and branches, its held in place by 8 pipe holders, Tube insulation parts on the top of the rollcage.
Also notice the custom skidplates extending from fenders around the nerfbars. Attached picture as orignal, dirty and with broken plastics after one serious ride.
20160429_125233.jpg 20160429_125254.jpg

·
Registered
347 Posts
1) what tire and size
Interco Reptile Radials, 6 PLY front 27/9/12 rear 27/11/12

2) what rim and size
STI HD beadlocks with custom gloss black finish, red beadlock rings. Size 12x7 offset 4+3

3) why you picked that tire/rim setup
I liked Inteco's tires on my jeeps, they where really tough tires .... so gave them ago on the Ace

4) how the setup works for you
Had them out for a few rides and like them a lot, radials are pretty smooth despite the large lugs. They are really aggressive trail tires that do well in the mud, rocks and hard pack.

5) where you bought them and there coast
Got them from Discount Tire and where between 120 and 140 a tire

IMG_3364.jpg
IMG_3377.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
A little old, but worth keeping current as I was searching as much as I could before buying tires for my daughters Ace 570.

1) Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 - 26x9 - 12 all around

2) ITP Delta 12x7, 4+3

3) Needing something better than OEM and wanted to try out something every so slightly taller. I also like the idea of being able to rotate the tires.

4) Will update later as I just put them on, but I can tell there is a power loss. It still has some go to it, even at the 8k feet above sea level that I live at.

5) Purchased off Amazon... Probably spent right around $550 for everything.

6)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts