Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like to hear if you have a video camera you use to capture your ride and the pro and con with it.

I have a Contour GPS camera and although it doesn't have good reviews, I like it. The company shut down for a while and is back operate again. I like it because it show me where I rode with a Google Map location, speed, elevation and distance. The problem I have is battery life about 3 hours but If I plug in it run all day. It let you preview what your camera sees on your smartphone but it doesn’t let you see the video it takes. To view your video you have to use special storybook software on your computer.

www.contour.com

View attachment 2274

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bought a cheap Gear Pro on E-bay for $20.00 with free shipping. Lots of bad reviews but believe it or not,this one actually works pretty well. Videos are decent quality and still shots are not bad at all.( Had to put in my own sd card). Came with all the accessories. It has suction cup mount that holds nicely on the outside of the windshield and I can reach the buttons easily. Have had it for about 2 months now and have used it on a few rides. It records in 10 minute increments but continuously when left on. I use the charging cable hooked to the power outlet so battery won"t die (not very good battery life). So far so good for $20 bucks......couldn't go wrong. If it dies, I'm out very little.......

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yah, I use the GoPro (GP) Hero3+ and like it.

I tried shooting video but I'm more of a Photo person so working on that one right now.

Battery life sucks, apx 1 hr with the regular Battery, 90min apparently, not tried yet, with the big back battery.
I use the remote which sucks more with battery, to I got one of those USB 12 plug in to the 12v socket and run the remote and now the iPod from it. It's pulling from the buggy's main battery so power is not a problem for those 2 items.

GP is encased but no power option through the case. I try to track the time with my watch alarm. I "Try" to change the battery every hour or so. Try is the key word, heheh, as I usually drain it before noting that it's not running.

I like you mapping thing, that's pretty kewl. GP probably has some way of ADDing that to the final product, but haven't seen it yet.

I'm still using the photo mode, hit the remote, velcroed to my day, I'll take a pic in a minute, but I just press the remote, it clicks the photo pick and move on.

I like the GP as it's small and currently I'm putting it behind the rearview mirror in the "Upside down Mode"...

I have a Lumix that can take video/photos, but hard to mount & click and the pics aren't to much different for what it is.

Watching this thread for new ideas etc.. but GP seems to fit the all around bill for me, for now...
Pics for reference in a minute or so.

Gallery link here

Vehicle Car Technology Auto part Electronic device

Cameras & optics Camera Camera accessory Videographer Photography

1 - 3 of 3 Posts