Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 570 ACE is three mo. old and about 100 miles. I am hearing a growling from the left front wheel. I jacked it up and wheel makes a growling sound when turned by hand. However it is not loose and I cannot shake it. The right hand wheel is silent. I am guessing wheel bearing. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think I've had some of the same issue....does the sound go away when you're on the brakes? I think my rotors aren't quite true, or my pads are dragging...

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Take the wheel off and see if anything is jammed in there, like a rock stuck between wheel and brake caliper. If you don't find anything, take the caliper off (just two bolts) and snoop around some more. If you still don't find the problem, it's not much more work to take the hub off. Still nothing? Take the hubstrut assembly off. That's where the wheel bearing is, and then you'll be able to rotate the bearing with your fingers and feel whether it's rough. All of that is probably 30 minutes of wrenching.

·
Registered
2 Posts
broke the front strut on wife's ACE 570.
any suggestions for getting the wheel bearings out of the broken hub.
Thanks..

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Welcome! The new hubstrut comes with a wheel bearing in it, if you're buying stock.
If you're going to buy a Racer Tech strut set, I recommend new bearings.
They don't cost much, and the labor to mess with them makes it a good idea to just buy new ones.
The best way to get the bearings out (and in) is to have a shop press them. Any other method carries a risk of damaging them, and the damage might not be visible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts