Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm deciding between the 2015 Polaris ACE 570 and the 2016 Polaris Ace 570SP.
Whats the difference between the both and is the 2016 570SP worth the $5000 more at the dealership than the 2015 570.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I understand its in Canadian Dollars, but $5000 MORE? What are the out the door prices on both models? Unless they are marking the 2016 WAAAAAAAY up over retail I cant see that much difference for 2015.

But that said, is the 2015 an early production 2015 model? If so they have the poor designed front struts which folks have rightly been complaining about. If its the late year model, then it should have the heavier struts in it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure. I'll definitely check that out before purchasing if I go with the regular 570. Out the door I can get the 2015 Ace 570 for $9000 and the 2016 Ace 570SP for $14,107.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Not sure. I'll definitely check that out before purchasing if I go with the regular 570. Out the door I can get the 2015 Ace 570 for $9000 and the 2016 Ace 570SP for $14,107.
I'd get the regular 570 and if you need Power steering I'd either buy a kit or have them put it on before you take delivery. I'm sure you can have power steering on for less than $5000.00. Some struts on some 2014 and 2015's have failed but most failures happened by highly spirited drivers hitting things too hard. I have a 2015 570 Ace and it has been trail ridden everywhere and have had no problems...maybe because I slow down when I should. Struts aren't as strong as A arm suspension and cant be ridden like you have an A arm suspension....and by doing so you can break them. If your a conscientious rider that just wants a good trail machine and wont be trying to destroy it...I'd say you wont see any strut problems either

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my average speed is usually 5-10 and I don't go over 20-30 on a straight stretch (in my fathers s x s) with no bumps so I'd hope it lasts.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I would go for the regular 570 and use the difference in cash to pay for any accessories you want to add(in canadian dollars of course) LOL! I'm in canada as well so i feel for ya:sour:

·
Registered
198 Posts
That 2015 model is highly discounted, that`s why the price difference.
I paid $12k for each of our Ace 570 SP this February. I have to say that I love the power steering, but the $5k difference is a lot. As others said, you can buy an aftermarket power steering + a lot of accessories for that extra $5k.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well my average speed is usually 5-10 and I don't go over 20-30 on a straight stretch (in my fathers s x s) with no bumps so I'd hope it lasts.
WOW! That's a lot of money for an ace! I paid under $5000 for mine. Of course it's not a 570, but it looks like you ride pretty much like I do, mine will easily do 40mph on straight stretches trying to keep up with my son on his dirt bike, though that's faster than I usually want to trail ride. Of course, I'd like a 570, but for the price difference, I don't NEED a 570.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That 2015 model is highly discounted, that`s why the price difference.
I paid $12k for each of our Ace 570 SP this February. I have to say that I love the power steering, but the $5k difference is a lot. As others said, you can buy an aftermarket power steering + a lot of accessories for that extra $5k.
I would go for the regular 570 and use the difference in cash to pay for any accessories you want to add(in canadian dollars of course) LOL! I'm in canada as well so i feel for ya:sour:
That's what I'll probably do. Thanks for the help guys...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I'd say for your style of riding they will last. My average speed is around 6 mph on the trails

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I doubt that machine has the revised struts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay thanks. They told me that they have a special promo with 2 years of warranty and if a strut breaks it would be covered

·
Registered
395 Posts
As stated above your best value would be the 2015 model, I bought mine new for 6k plus tax , its a 15 model it had rebates.. youd be losing 1/2 its value , if you figure trade in value if you decide you dont like it after a year or so... or many places will finiance a used one and alot of the time they already have some accessories on them , goot luck on you purchase whitchever way you decide

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As stated above your best value would be the 2015 model, I bought mine new for 6k plus tax , its a 15 model it had rebates.. youd be losing 1/2 its value , if you figure trade in value if you decide you dont like it after a year or so... or many places will finiance a used one and alot of the time they already have some accessories on them , goot luck on you purchase whitchever way you decide
I'll probably just purchase the regular 570 and put a power steering kit on it. Do you by any chance know if a 2016 rzr/900 ace steering wheel would fit on it? I was thinking about ordering one of those with the custom blue trim to match the ace when I purchase it but it doesn't say anything about fitting the 2015 570 but it fits the 2016.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
wwwwwwwwwwwwwww

·
Registered
107 Posts
Guys, when comparing the standard 570 to the SP 570 do all of the math on the differences: The SP has, Power Steering, Factory Doors, EBS, Aluminum Wheels, The improved close ratio front diff.,Sport Steering Wheel, Fancy Graphics (I know who care) and the stronger front struts. If you don't need or want all of these things than the Standard 570 will be a better deal for you, however when you add up the price of purchasing all of those goodies the price difference is not so great!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts