Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am strongly considering tracks, who has them? any thoughts?

i want the t4S system by camso. $3999

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've placed an order for a set for my 2016 Ace 900, should be in late next week. Now if I only had some snow to try them on.

awesome, where did u order from and how much?

take pics when u get them, im just getting my finances , this ones pricey

are you getting the t4s? i like the t4s, 1.25 " lugs front and back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The tracks are Polaris ACE Prospector Pro Tracks (2881025) $3,419.99 & the mounting kit (2883019) $359.99 = $3779.78 + .06 sales tax. I got a quote $320.00 to mount them up. (some adjustments required) They should be in at the local dealer sometime next week.

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im considering tracks for my 325. Camoplast makes a set and claims 40% decrease in top speed but a 40% gain in torque. Anyone driven a 325 with tracks? Thoughts?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Honestly I cannot imagine putting tracks on the 325, paddle tires slowed mine down a lot I cannot imagine what the tracks would do.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Tracks on the 325 would probably be alright vs paddle tires as the "rolling" diameter would only be that of the smaller diameter of the drive sprocket in the tracks compared to the much larger diameter of the paddle tires or even that of the stock tires. It would be a slow but pull like no ones business.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry so late to join in on this topic, I’ve had camoplast tracks on my 325 for 3 years. I use it mostly in swampy areas servicing oil wells. The tracks make my ace like a dozer. It will go most anywhere although I get a little uncomfortable when water & mud get up to the seat. I’d say top speed is maybe 15 mph (speedometer is off because of the track gear ratio) and that’s enough for what I do. I have not had issues with the ace with tracks except for a broken A arm which was my fault. Never drive over a logs or objects where you can get high center. The front tracks will go over the object but the back ones won’t, because of the angle of the back track, then you can’t back up because the backside of the front track angle. I drove over a log I didn’t see in 14” of snow and broke the front A arm trying to back off of it. I tow a 600# single axle trailer and have always had plenty of power to drag the trailer through deep mud & snow. There are also a lot of wheel bearings to go bad on the tracks. I’m in extreme conditions so I expect to replace 3 or so per year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I run tracks in winter only. Yes be careful driving over anything. Cuts speed by 1/2. Really more since you run it slower. Cab is 100% required. Goes good though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts