Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok after contemplating on getting doors off an RZR and making it work I changed my mind and want to buy the full aftermarket doors, especially after yesterday's run in the snow where I literally had to shovel my interior out. I see UTV Giant , PRP, AND BIG BOY TOYS all make a full door and they all look fairly similar but who makes the one I can't live without.

·
Registered
80 Posts
in my opinion if money was no issue Polaris doors look nicest and are made well. that being said they are expensive.the others are all about the same and I can build a set like them and will when I get a chance. I believe someone on here already has a build thread on his and they look nice.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks brother but I spent almost 2k on accessories already and Polaris doors definitely look the best but I can't see myself spending 1k on full doors. Definitely been contemplating it though

·
Registered
107 Posts
Got my Polaris doors and lower extensions on line @ gopolarisparts.com. Best prices I have found on them and free shipping.
p/n 2879697 Doors---------------439.99
p/n 2880272 Lower Extensions----251.99
Decals----------------------------25.19
TOTAL---717.17

Polaris Doors much better looking than any aftermarket doors I've seen...MY OPINION

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Considering Polaris doors aren't full. and are extremely expensive, the only real advantage I see from them over other doors is looks, and guys we are talking about a vehicle that we will get filthy every opportunity. So if your thing is to set in your garage and drool over you Ace.....get the Polaris two piece doors at about double the price of utv giant or toys for big boys doors. Or save that 317.00 and buy the aftermarket doors and buy a set of wheels to go with your new doors, then go out and get the whole machine filthy

700.00 plus or 400.00 Not a hard question for me to answer, and shouldn't be to hard for anybody that wants an atv not a beauty queen

·
Registered
130 Posts
You got point there . Mr Vandal. Lori has a set of polaris doors on hers, she can't see spending the cash for the bottom half. She drove mine with the nets and hers, she loves the doors. To me it is a blind spot to the ground for my riding style. I still have the nets. Dad, aka Stubby, took his off. Moral of this 'to each his own' and what are you willing to pay. My lastest add on was the Ez-Steer, $440.00 shipping to me, I pulled the trigger, my right shoulder needed that. Doors and a different seat. Seat will be next....Lori hets a pro armor seat our next Windrock trip... . my one cent of it.

duane
two 2014 Polaris ACE

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm working on getting some XP1K seats to fit in my 2 Aces. Very inexpensive to buy used off the RZR forum. Now to fab a mount. They are Super comfortable!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sorry. That was off topic.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
You got point there . Mr Vandal. Lori has a set of polaris doors on hers, she can't see spending the cash for the bottom half. She drove mine with the nets and hers, she loves the doors. To me it is a blind spot to the ground for my riding style. I still have the nets. Dad, aka Stubby, took his off. Moral of this 'to each his own' and what are you willing to pay. My lastest add on was the Ez-Steer, $440.00 shipping to me, I pulled the trigger, my right shoulder needed that. Doors and a different seat. Seat will be next....Lori hets a pro armor seat our next Windrock trip... . my one cent of it.

duane
two 2014 Polaris ACE
How you like the steering Duane? Has Stubby recovered from helping with the install? LOL

·
Registered
130 Posts
Have driven it some, had so much ice and snow in it, it had a wierd feel. Waiting to drive all day before I 'judge' it. The diagnolight comes on each time you input a turn direction.

duane
two 2014 Polaris ACE

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Have driven it some, had so much ice and snow in it, it had a wierd feel. Waiting to drive all day before I 'judge' it. The diagnolight comes on each time you input a turn direction.

duane
two 2014 Polaris ACE
Hopefully the diagno light is just a glitch

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm pretty sure the UTV Giant, PRP; and Toys for Big Boys doors are one and the same.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got the UTV Giant and i would never buy them again. it's not Jake's fault, but they are junk, bad design and just don't fit. His RZR doors are awesome. i've bought 4 sets of those. But these ACE doors aren't the same quality.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
it's not Jake's fault, but they are junk, bad design and just don't fit. His RZR doors are awesome.
I just got a set for the ACE and for the RZR, have installed them both, but have not yet taken either vehicle for a ride with them installed.
It seemed to me that they were pretty similar in design, except the placement of the latch.
The quality seemed about equivalent between the ACE and RZR doors.
I had to do far more tweaking to get the RZR doors to fit than the ACE, which just seemed to drop right in there and fit with minimal adjustment.

A handful of other forum users have stated positive experiences with the ACE doors.
One or two had bad experiences, which as I understand it got resolved.

So, can you elaborate on why you think they are a bad design, and junk?
Have you worked with Jake to get the issues resolved?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just got a set for the ACE and for the RZR, have installed them both, but have not yet taken either vehicle for a ride with them installed.
It seemed to me that they were pretty similar in design, except the placement of the latch.
The quality seemed about equivalent between the ACE and RZR doors.
I had to do far more tweaking to get the RZR doors to fit than the ACE, which just seemed to drop right in there and fit with minimal adjustment.

A handful of other forum users have stated positive experiences with the ACE doors.
One or two had bad experiences, which as I understand it got resolved.

So, can you elaborate on why you think they are a bad design, and junk?
Have you worked with Jake to get the issues resolved?
First let me say, i've had the v1 and v2 doors from UTV Giant and they were great. No i've not called Jake about the doors because it's not his fault that they are designed so poorly. Yes the latch is in different locations. Mud piles up all over the latch and it causes it to be hard to open. The top hangs out why past the cage and looks like Fido ass. first day i rode a stick came up and hit the top and almost ripped my door off. plus the fit isn't good at all, one side it hangs out a good inch past the door no matter how much you adjust it. Oh yeah, don't forget there's nothing there to protect the bottom of the door. second day i hit a rock and now there's a huge dent in the bottom. so like i said, bad design.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Hmm. Thanks for the details. I just went out and looked at mine, keeping in mind what you said.

I see what you mean about the door frame hanging out past the rocker panel by at least an inch. I think it's more, actually. If you don't have nerf bars, that would make the door frame vulnerable to rock hits.
I also see a huge gap between the door frame and the rocker panel that would allow mud water to splash up onto the latch even during normal riding, not playing in the mud. Nerf bars will probably help with that as well.
I do see these as design issues, now that you call them out.

If you don't have/want nerf bars, I suggest that you make yourself a set of plastic shrouds to cover the gap at the bottom of the door.
Buy a 12x24 sheet of black HDPE plastic (Black HDPE Plastic Sheet 125 " 1 8 " You Pick Size | eBay), cut yourself a strip for each side, heat and bend it, and drill holes where the door skin bolts go.
Install the curved plastic along the bottom of the door to deflect muddy water. It won't help with rock hits, but it might keep your latches working better (clean them out really good and hit them with some graphite).
It sounds complicated but it's really pretty easy. I just did it on my RZR doors to cover a gap caused by my RZR being a little tweaked.
I acknowledge that you shouldn't have to do this, but if you already have the doors...

I have a set of nerf bars on the way and will be very interested to see how well they protect the doors from these issues.
I wonder how the Polaris sport doors with the lower inserts do regarding these issues.

Right now, I think the available choices are UTV Giant doors, or Polaris doors, right?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I just looked again about the top of the doors hanging out. I see now what you mean. In the back, it lines up with the roll cage, but in the front it lines up with the fender.
It gives cabin room for the driver, but maybe not that much room is needed. If it followed the rocker panel, going above the panel instead, and lined up with the front cage, it would not have the issues with being vulnerable to rock hits or mud splashing in and hitting the latch as much. I think there would still be enough elbow room if that were done.

These are some good points. I wonder if they were considered and why the design decisions went elsewhere.
Maybe I'll try to get ahold of Jake to discuss them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just looked again about the top of the doors hanging out. I see now what you mean. In the back, it lines up with the roll cage, but in the front it lines up with the fender.
It gives cabin room for the driver, but maybe not that much room is needed. If it followed the rocker panel, going above the panel instead, and lined up with the front cage, it would not have the issues with being vulnerable to rock hits or mud splashing in and hitting the latch as much. I think there would still be enough elbow room if that were done.

These are some good points. I wonder if they were considered and why the design decisions went elsewhere.
Maybe I'll try to get ahold of Jake to discuss them.
Thanks Scoundrel , let me know what Jake tells ya. Sure it's not his fault, he's just the middle man.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I've got the UTV Giant and i would never buy them again. it's not Jake's fault, but they are junk, bad design and just don't fit. His RZR doors are awesome. i've bought 4 sets of those. But these ACE doors aren't the same quality.
The Ace doors are far from junk. Mine pit perfectly. Are they a little hard to get adjusted...yes but are a far cry from junk. Maybe you haven't got yours adjusted right.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts