Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Ace lovers! Well I officially have 975 miles logged on my Ace after this past weekends adventures! Hoping to beat last years record of 3000 on my 2013 Sportsman 400 I traded for the Ace! Surely one of you out there have me beat so far.....

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
733 miles on mine. Nearly half of them this last two weeks. :D

It is worth noting that it took me 3.5 years to put 2600 miles on my RZR.
Keeping in mind that sometimes I rode my Grizzly instead because the RZR didn't fit.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now I have 1700 miles on my Ace still not enough! Darn work has to interfere with playtime hahaha! Chime in who's got what for miles? Had to do a re-post on this issue, as the first post died off too quickly!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
330... Never get to ride with a 1 yr old and a 2.5 year old
That's actually a lot of miles with those age kids at home in my opinion. That's tough but later on you will have two awesome riding pals! I have an eight year old and she can't get enough of atving! Makes me proud!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok, I bought one for my wife, she rode it once and said she didn't like it because she got dirty! Crazy woman! LOL she says that Polaris is made for kids, I told her i'd never grow old! LOL So this past weekend I rode it and let my buddies drive my XP 900. I've got to say i had the best time driving the ACE! it's so much FUN! the XP 900 is an awesome machine. The ACE is just down right FUN! There's some really tight trails and the XP900 / XPK1 couldn't touch it! I'm sure glad my wife don't like to ride! Now it's time for the buddies to go with me and have a guys weekend w/o the ladies! Drink Beer, shoot the crap and see who can tell the biggest lies! LOL I'm glad i bought the ACE now! It's got enough power (2014 ACE) Was going to sell it because I drive an XP900 but I'll never sell this little machine! It's AWESOME! I'd buy another in a min. Oh yeah, I put right at 400 miles on it in one weekend and loved every mile. Didn't want to get back in to the XP at all , Plus it's got more leg room!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, I bought one for my wife, she rode it once and said she didn't like it because she got dirty! Crazy woman! LOL she says that Polaris is made for kids, I told her i'd never grow old! LOL So this past weekend I rode it and let my buddies drive my XP 900. I've got to say i had the best time driving the ACE! it's so much FUN! the XP 900 is an awesome machine. The ACE is just down right FUN! There's some really tight trails and the XP900 / XPK1 couldn't touch it! I'm sure glad my wife don't like to ride! Now it's time for the buddies to go with me and have a guys weekend w/o the ladies! Drink Beer, shoot the crap and see who can tell the biggest lies! LOL I'm glad i bought the ACE now! It's got enough power (2014 ACE) Was going to sell it because I drive an XP900 but I'll never sell this little machine! It's AWESOME! I'd buy another in a min. Oh yeah, I put right at 400 miles on it in one weekend and loved every mile. Didn't want to get back in to the XP at all , Plus it's got more leg room!
Glad to hear you got to put some miles on the Ace! That's a pretty good weekend! Keep it up. Guess getting dirty playing in whatever the conditions are isn't for everyone, but I myself would never stop riding if I could lol! Everything happens for a reason your wife didn't like atving so you got a very nice ride now! The Ace will not disappoint you it's just plain fun!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Got the mileage on the Ace and I now have 1091 after our trip out west. Now that I don't have to pinch penny's anymore and cool weather is coming I'll be in West Virginia alot and should gets some good miles in.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got the mileage on the Ace and I now have 1091 after our trip out west. Now that I don't have to pinch penny's anymore and cool weather is coming I'll be in West Virginia alot and should gets some good miles in.
That's awesome!!! Keep logging the miles! It seems that the more miles you log the more to life the machine comes! Just hit over 2000 miles on mine yesterday so I now have 2120 miles on it. I should have 1000 more than that but being a business owner and having a busy year (which is a good thing) I have not got out as much as I normally would have. Season is not over and I have some fun weekends planned ahead so hopefully I can end the season with at least hitting the 3000 mile mark or close to it!!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I'm curious what kind of mileage we can expect from these machines.
I never put more than a thousand or so on ATVs in the time I had them, but then I kept swapping machines trying to find 'the right one'.
I have 2800 on the RZR, and for a while when I was trying to sell it people were saying "that's a lot of miles" which I thought was kinda bullshit.
The RZR did need a complete set of bushings, wheel bearings, tie rod ends, and ball joints at 2600, but with that done it felt like new again.

1980s era street motorcycles were good for about 50,000 miles before they started wearing out and coming apart, but some of that was due to age - 20 years will do terrible things to rubber and plastic.
Off road use is a lot harder on the machines.

So what can we hope to get out of these machines, I wonder.
Will we ever push the cost down to $1/mile, since we will continue to put money into them for replacement parts and maintenance costs, not to mention gas?

Maybe it's best not to think about these things and focus instead on the recreational therapy we're getting out of them.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm curious what kind of mileage we can expect from these machines.
I never put more than a thousand or so on ATVs in the time I had them, but then I kept swapping machines trying to find 'the right one'.
I have 2800 on the RZR, and for a while when I was trying to sell it people were saying "that's a lot of miles" which I thought was kinda bullshit.
The RZR did need a complete set of bushings, wheel bearings, tie rod ends, and ball joints at 2600, but with that done it felt like new again.

1980s era street motorcycles were good for about 50,000 miles before they started wearing out and coming apart, but some of that was due to age - 20 years will do terrible things to rubber and plastic.
Off road use is a lot harder on the machines.

So what can we hope to get out of these machines, I wonder.
Will we ever push the cost down to $1/mile, since we will continue to put money into them for replacement parts and maintenance costs, not to mention gas?

Maybe it's best not to think about these things and focus instead on the recreational therapy we're getting out of them.
Well I think we can expect a lot of mileage out of them. My hubby has a 2013 Ranger 800 midsize that we purchased new last year and he has over 5,000 on it and it's still going strong. We keep up on all of the maintenance needs and we are pretty meticulous about everything on the machines so hopefully we can at least double the mileage or more!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts