Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gee got side tracked when I seen the price on the ace in ohio. I would like to know if any one here has bought a viper 3000 or 3500 winch from side by side or any other vendor and what you think of the viper winch. I see they are made in America and they are a heck of a lot cheaper than a Polaris winch just need some feed back if anyone owns one thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have a 3000 #Viper winch on my Ace. Haven't used it much, but it has performed as it should without any problems when it was used. I did add a rocker switch and master cut-off switch in the dash so it can quickly be used from the drivers seat instead of digging out the regular switch with its lead wire. My son liked this set-up so well I wired one into the dash of his Ace as well. Called Moto-Alliance to order the switches. They are a good company to work with, and have fast and simple service.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks stubby I really like the price of the winch compared to Polaris. will it work with the Polaris brush guard? thanks

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I have a Viper on my Rzr and it has worked as advertised every time I needed it and that has been often ...... :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I may sound cheap... I am,,,, anyone use Harbor Freight winches? they are very reasonable but have no clue to quality or fit..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
really for the price I think the viper is a great unit not made in china either. sidebyside.com has the 3000 for 107.00 right now plus I think 49 for the mount free ship.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes sir ive been told that. if you haven't bought a brush guard yet check out emp guard really nicely built and the winch fits on top. built in Cleveland oh

·
Registered
420 Posts
I may sound cheap... I am,,,, anyone use Harbor Freight winches? they are very reasonable but have no clue to quality or fit..
I have the 3500# badlands with zero issues...and yes you need the mount for your rig as you do with any other brand

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
venom nice made in america
View attachment 2735
I have the 3500# Venom on my ACE with the KFI mount and the Polaris brushguard. Works great and brushguard fit perfectly. If you use the cable fairlead the bolts will work ok...if you use a hawse fairlead you will have to get two longer bolts as the hawse and the plate that is required to mount the winch makes the bolts that come with it too short. I used 11/4 bolts rather than the 3/4 inch bolts supplied with the KFI Mount

Definitely get the KFI mount as it comes with a solid metal front facia and is much more attractive than the EMP, and much easier to install. It was also pointed out that in a collision that the EMP mount actually caused radiator damage because of them using a metal lower radiator mount and it had no crush zones so the radiator took the full brunt of the collision. The picture above this post shows the KFI front facia using a cable fairlead

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I am green as grass on winches,,, so you need a mounting Plate too?
Pops....unless you can find a model specific winch package, which usually has a mounting plate with it, then yes....you will need to buy a mounting plate. And I haven't seen a model specific winch package for an ACE yet

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I also got in when they were $45. I think they were doing a special to catch up because they were a little late to market with it.
But now they are doing well because their product is in my opinion the best one currently available for the ACE, and the price is up to MSRP.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I also got in when they were $45. I think they were doing a special to catch up because they were a little late to market with it.
But now they are doing well because their product is in my opinion the best one currently available for the ACE, and the price is up to MSRP.
Even at 99.00 they are still a bargain. KFI stuff fits like no other and their quality is second to none, and also have a much more attractive front fascia that comes with their mount, and are much easier to install than the EMP mount

1 - 20 of 20 Posts