Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recommend that you look into the EMP winch mount, and a Warn or Viper rather than the Polaris winch kit. The price is comparable, but the EMP mount is tougher.
Polaris wants too much for the fascia piece that goes under the winch if you break it - and it is fragile.
Will the brush guard fit with the EMP mount?

Also, which warn winch would you recommend? I like the 80 mark on the EMP mount as long as I can put the brush guard on it still.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I'm afraid I don't know whether you can use the Polaris brush guard with the EMP winch mount. EMP does make a brush guard with integrated winch mount though.
Here's the EMP brush guard/winch mount combination: Sportsman ACE Front Bumper / Brush Guard
Here's just the winch mount: http://extrememetalproducts.com/i-16720223-polaris-ace-winch-mount.html

I can't tell how the Polaris brush guard mounts from the stock photo, but it doesn't look like it would play nice with the EMP mount.
Hopefully someone on this forum can answer your question.

I went with the Warn 2500 with the synthetic rope. I rarely use the winch, and when I do, it's usually someone else just needing a little extra oomph to get unstuck from slippery mud. If you intend to go tits deep in thick gooey mud, or go rock crawling on the 'challenging' trails at Moab, you might want the 3500.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Efi winch mount

Will the efi winch mount work with the polaris extreme brush guard?? I want to buy a mount for my warn winch i had from my old grizzly and i am waiting for a mount other than the 399.00 polaris kit before i start on that project.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The polaris extreme brush guard come with a bracket the attach to the Winch Fairlead. So any winch the mount in the same place will work.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Would someone who has the Polaris brush guard please post a couple of photos showing how it mounts?
That would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
81 Posts
There a bracket that comes with the Front brush guard that mount in the winch fairlead bolt. Photo 1 show you the bracket in the winch fairlead bolt. Photo two show you how it attach to the brush guard. If you don't have a winch Polaris provide another brackets to attach where the winch mount to the frame to attach the brush guard.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Ah, I see you added a couple of photos. That makes more sense now.
I was going to cancel my replacement (backordered) EMP winch mount and go with the KFI and maybe a brush guard.
But the EMP mount shipped before they got the voicemail, so I got it. That means no brush guard.

Oh well. It wasn't me that trashed the EMP mount anyway, I foolishly let my dad drive the ACE.
I haven't needed a brush guard yet (give me time).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Please post a picture of the trash EMP Mount, I thought it was indestructible. I thought the EMP mount was the best mount for the Ace but since EMP told me that the Polaris brush guard won't work the EMP winch mount, I went with Polaris Winch. After purchase the Polaris winch mount I think will some modification to the winch bracket that come with the Polaris brush guard, it will work EMP winch mount.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I recently bought a used ace with the front brush guard and wanted to add a winch to it. I ordered the KFI mount kit but since I am missing the Polaris winch mount plate that mounts to the fairlead I can't mount it. Does anyone have the polaris part number for that particular piece?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I recently bought a used ace with the front brush guard and wanted to add a winch to it. I ordered the KFI mount kit but since I am missing the Polaris winch mount plate that mounts to the fairlead I can't mount it. Does anyone have the polaris part number for that particular piece?
You don't need any Polaris parts if you bought the KFI kit. At least I didn't when I did mine

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
You don't need any Polaris parts if you bought the KFI kit. At least I didn't when I did mine
I didn't need anything either. The KFI mount is all you need

·
Registered
77 Posts
I used that plate your talking about with my KFI kit. That bracket tied the KFI mount to the brush guard. Not sure what you would bolt the lower part of that brush guard to if you didnt have that plate.
I would call around to Polaris dealers in your area to see if they have one laying around. It is included with every brush guard.
Thats how I found one for mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used that plate your talking about with my KFI kit. That bracket tied the KFI mount to the brush guard. Not sure what you would bolt the lower part of that brush guard to if you didnt have that plate.
I would call around to Polaris dealers in your area to see if they have one laying around. It is included with every brush guard.
Thats how I found one for mine.
That was my concern. From the pictures earlier in this thread it looks like it ties everything together. I bought my brush guard already on the Ace and I dont want to buy a new brush guard just for the plate. I was looking for a part number so I knew what to tell the dealership when I went in. I guess I will have to have them look it up instead. I contacted KFI but they said they found out the part was needed from a form and didn't know the part number. I will update if I am able to find out in case anyone else runs into this.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts