Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the OEM polaris front bumper, and it came with a winch bracket thing, I was wondering if all I need to buy is a winch or if I need some other type of bracket to run it with my front bumper?

I was thinking on picking up a viper classic 2500lb winch.

·
Registered
80 Posts
not a real fan of the plastic bumper on the ace. kfi has a winch kit for 100 bucks made of steel nice one. the viper winch is good stuff also. two together only going to run less than 200 bucks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not a real fan of the plastic bumper on the ace. kfi has a winch kit for 100 bucks made of steel nice one. the viper winch is good stuff also. two together only going to run less than 200 bucks.
But the plastic one will work? all I need is a winch? I can always get the steel later if I decide

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
The plastic one is crap. No protection and after you cut it so you can mount the winch it will be so flimsy it wont be worth anything. That piece on the sportsman is a pretty solid piece but its nothing like that piece of junk they put on the ACE...Get the KFI as oldsman suggested and when its mounted you will be finished. Mount it with that plastic thing and in time it will be history, and then you can get the KFI mount....so as Fram says....you can pay me now or pay me later. Good Luck.....My signature will tell you which one I have

·
Registered
259 Posts
I agree. Forget the Polaris one you have to reconstruct, buy the kfi, bolt it on and you're done. Solid, and looks good.

·
Registered
344 Posts
also note the 2500#.
There has been a thread on that and the conclusion was to get a 3500# one

·
Registered
420 Posts
KFI mount for sure, you have to have some mount anyway...might as well get the best one.
If you plan on using it much at all I would also go with the 3500# winch.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
The polaris winch is bolt in. It also comes with a new cover the winch. I install one on my own.
It's also overpriced and still uses that flimsy cover. For 99.00 you can get the KFI winch mount which comes with a steel winch cover and then buy whatever winch you'd like for whatever money you want to spend, and be better off IMO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts