Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
REMOVE your half windshield if you are having problems with dust blowing around. As I started riding with the water drying up we have lots of dust and it got to the point where I couldn't ride without glasses and would end up with a mouthful of dust. A friend suggested taking the windshield off now it feels amazing no problems with dust.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Do you have the 'half' lower piece and also the top windshield which is the the majority of it, did you remove the lower and leave the top. Lori has the two sections, and what we hate of it is the bend lines that to us make blind spots. When I made mine it is all one piece. Question again is: remove the lower and leave the top in?

duane
two 2014 Polaris ACE

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Do you have the 'half' lower piece and also the top windshield which is the the majority of it, did you remove the lower and leave the top. Lori has the two sections, and what we hate of it is the bend lines that to us make blind spots. When I made mine it is all one piece. Question again is: remove the lower and leave the top in?

duane
two 2014 Polaris ACE
Duane.....Ive never seen the two piece windshields you're talking about but I do know for a fact if you remove everything you wont be killed by dust. I know this because last year in Utah I was in a 570 RZR with the half windshield and after removing it the interior dust was cut down by probably 80-90%. It also helps to have the rear panel and that also helps keep swirling dust out of the interior

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Over on RZRForums, I have seen conversations about half-windshields and dust.
The consensus was thatIF you have the half-windshield mounted so that there is a couple inches between the bottom of the windshield and the hood, it's great! But if the bottom of the half-windshield touches the hood, it's terrible.

But I have no personal experience with this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just had bottom half. Now I'm just open in front. I love it. I'm going to keep my windshield for mud and such rides. But now that's its dusty it's gotta go

·
Registered
62 Posts
Have full windshield, I only use in cold weather.
Have the Polaris mesh screen on the back.
With windshield in it create a negative pressure area inside the cab and the dust just rolls in and doesnt leave.
Windshield out, equal pressure and wind flow through, yes there is some dust.
Secret, to not much of a dust problem, lead the group.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts