Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Winter riding with the Ace in the Northeast Ny PA VA DE VT NH etc.

I plan to ride all year
Any other hardcore riders in the northeast that ride all year?
Is there an informal group of riders that meet up and ride @ different locations?
If not, start up of an informal group.
Best places to ride? Any suggestions?
Trips to;
Hatfield McCoy
Mines & Meadows
Reading Anthracite-16,000 acres
Anthracite atv park 6,000 acres
NH 1000 mile trail system in the spring
Contact me on or off post

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info and the link to the PA state forest trails. I live in NY on Eastern LI in farm & vineyard country.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I plan to ride all year
Any other hardcore riders in the northeast that ride all year?

Trips to;
NH 1000 mile trail system in the spring
Contact me on or off post
Better not plan on NH riding in the winter , as of right now , about half of the trails are open for OHRV. More will close as winter goes full swing
and the ones that do stay open you have to share with the snomobile crowd ,
and they DO NOT LIKE US ATV"S ON THEIR GROOMED TRAILS .
come spring time almost every trail system in the state is closed for MUD SEASON and won't open till the middle to end of may .

The New Hampshire Division of Parks and Recreation : Trail Information

·
Registered
259 Posts
Good morning all. Question on Hatfield-McCoy trails. I know that the H-M trails have specific trails for utv, and their rules specifically list rigs with a stearing wheel. Where does the ace fall into? Are they allowed on the atv trails, or do they have to stay on the utv trails?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Better not plan on NH riding in the winter , as of right now , about half of the trails are open for OHRV. More will close as winter goes full swing
and the ones that do stay open you have to share with the snomobile crowd ,
and they DO NOT LIKE US ATV"S ON THEIR GROOMED TRAILS .

The New Hampshire Division of Parks and Recreation : Trail Information
NH needs to follow the lead of the western states. As of last year Idaho allows ATV/UTV on ALL snowmobile trails with 1)the proper snowmobile registration and 2) tracks on all 4 corners OR tracks on the rear and skis on the front. NO wheels on groomed trails. This brought a completely new group(families) to the trails and into the clubs. As a snowmobiler and one of the original Maine State Snowmobile Association reps, I think it is a great idea and one other states should pursue.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the heads up, IM on it,
NH,most trails for ATV's in the system not all close for hunting sometime in October,than snowmobiles,then MUD I think they open in late May as u said thats why I had noted spring.
I plan to head there in the spring summer fall I live close to Orient Ferry than an easy run north (Short season for NH)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok now that's where I want to go! ...just cause they said we can't ! ....I will show them!.....thats ACE discrimination! ...why because I have a steering wheel! IM a crossover dam-it ! Thats because the ACE crosses over to the other side where most others can't ! black & red black & red ...yeah yeah...black & red.... we out climb most others!!!.. We will start a protest, 100 ACES down main street to be heard!....... oh yeah they let you drive down main street

1 - 12 of 12 Posts