Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would be nice if they could do this for the Ace...:

The all-new 75 HP ProStar® EFI engine cranks out 40% more power than the legendary RZR S 800.

Just noted an Ad/email from Polaris about the new 2015 RZR S900

The 2015 RZR® S 900 takes Razor Sharp Performance to the next level. The all-new 75 HP ProStar® EFI engine cranks out 40% more power than the legendary RZR S 800. A plush 12.25" front and 13.2" rear suspension travel provides outstanding performance and handling while factory-installed half doors, new ergonomics, and bolstered bucket seats keep you comfortable all day on the trail*.

I don't know squat about fitting it in so don't need to harp on how it can't be done, I suspect they could and that would be nice...

Just a Wish listed Item since it is now the season for "Wish Lists" heheh, fun...

·
Registered
525 Posts
I haven't gotten my measuring stick out yet but I am pretty sure it can be done. 450 cc per cylinder vs 570cc per cylinder means the cylinders shouldn't be any taller on the 900 than they are on the 570 since they are all from the same engine family and basic design including the transmission.

If you look at the power output the 325 and the 900XP and the 1000XP are all right at 100 hp/L. The 570 at 79 hp/L has some room for an easy hop up looks to me like. I would think 55+ hp from the 570 would be fairly easy and still be as reliable as the others. That would be a good start from what is already available. The 325 has a lot higher performance tune than the 570 and is probably maxed out as far as Polaris will stretch it.

With 55 hp the ACE would have a better power/weight ratio than the 900S RZR.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kewl, thanks for the info...
I would think they could kick it up a bit...

Hoping next year's will have a little more "Ummphhh" to it...
I just seemed doable and so I was thinking out loud..

Thanks..

·
Registered
183 Posts
I know alot of riders always want more power and that's fine but for me the lil 325 is a powerful lil engine. I love it and for just trail ridin like I do it has more than enough power. That said I would love to ride an Ace with that kind of power but probably wouldn't want it. I'd probably hurt myself!!! :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yah, Ford, I know the feeling...

I have the XP1k and "IT" is breaking ME in, LOL....
While I'm not interested in top speed, I am in the power/torque for going up hills etc.. Mostly trail ride myself, but just seems that they could do a little more without much trouble.

I realize, of course, more HP, stronger clutch/drive train etc, = higher pricing so maybe that's it... dunno..

Looking forward to the '16 yr models...

Fun...

·
Registered
525 Posts
325 cc with 32 hp is definitely impressive especially for a family oriented ORV. It seems like it loves to rev. That power to displacement ratio compares to lots of the small sport ATV's.

But the main thing I like about the 570 isn't necessarily the higher horsepower but the response off of idle. With our short steep hills the instant response is better for being able to get to the top with better control.

I am going to go off on a sidetrack here for just a minute: I know this would probably be too large a vehicle for some, but it wouldn't be that big a job to put the 570 Ranger rear swing arms and axles and shocks on the rear and adapt some Ranger forward a arms and the longer travel struts on the front. That would add 2" front and 3"-4" rear to the wheelbase and make the width around 56"-58". Sounds like fun to me. Should be good and stable even without sway bars for a super crawler/hill climber.
This idea has pluses and minuses, but still something to think about.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, Rock, agree, but my main attraction to it is that it's a single seat, much like a go kart, but the bigger main reason was it could go on the 50" and under trails which would be the main reason I'm going to get one.

It's a balancing act to be sure...

·
Registered
259 Posts
I would like to ride a 1k machine......once, but probably never buy one. I agree with Rock, need to keep it under 50 inch. If you want more, they already make rzrs. Also, the 330 ace is a very capable machine, however, out here in western KY, I have on occasion wanted a few more ponies getting up some steep hills a few times. That said, I still like my ace, and plan on it being kept in my stable for a long time.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Come on Stubby, you don't know what a "steep" hill is until you ride out west in the mountains.... :applause: ..... I have ridden my "little" Ace from sea level to 11000' and up some very long rocky grades that approached 45° - 50° and had NO problems getting to the top. I have learned it is all about how you approach the climbs that make the difference.

We too are restricted to the 50" machine for many of our trails and I am right at the cutoff with the 26" tires. After riding both, I personally could NOT see enough difference between the 325 & 570 on our trails to warrant the price difference and the more s__t they add to them the higher the price will go.

I would like to ride a 1k machine......once, but probably never buy one. I agree with Rock, need to keep it under 50 inch. If you want more, they already make rzrs. Also, the 330 ace is a very capable machine, however, out here in western KY, I have on occasion wanted a few more ponies getting up some steep hills a few times. That said, I still like my ace, and plan on it being kept in my stable for a long time.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Maybe you mean your mountains are taller than our hills. I think steep only goes to 90 degrees and we have some 'hills' that are steeper than that ;). Stubby is right, even in West Kentucky there are some impossible to climb hills and some of the climbable ones are slick with almost no approach to get up to speed.
Our terrain is varied in Kentucky and you can find almost every kind of obstacle. We even have some Moab type slickrock here, on a very small scale of course.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Texan......I do know what the western mountains are all about, and still love the western mountains. Wife and I just moved to western KY a year ago this past November to be closer to family. We lived in Idaho and North East Oregon for a little over 30 years and I still miss the mountains. The wife and I started mountain riding on two brand new 1985 Yamaha Big Wheels when they first came out, and now I have scaled back some to a dual sport Yamaha TW 200. I still get together with the Ole Farts Riders every year for two to four weeks of back country motorcycle riding and camping. We have explored the back/high country of Death Valley two years, was in just a small area of Moab, Owhyee mountains in Idaho and OR, and this year we are going to explore the north rim of the Grand Canyon. As Rock said, there are some very challenging "hills" out here in Kentucky, and a lot more mud than I am used to. It is a challenge and I gain more respect and confidence in our little single seat Aces all the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts